Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Clark
United States
Brevard County
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been waiting for a game like orcs must die (both versions) without even knowing what a game like this could be. I want the games very much, but I am afraid of more Peterson games while my Cthulhu wars is in limbo

I received my copy with a ripped box, broken insert and broken pieces. I emailed Jan 23 with the list of broken stuff and I still haven't received my replacements. So I have an un playable "special edition" copy that looks like it it was found under a table at a garage sale.

I just sent a letter saying this to Sandy in kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
sorry to hear about your trouble! Curious, was this all the result of shipping damage? I would love to see pictures if only out of morbid curiosity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm in the same place with replacements. Emailed Jan 20th but haven't gotten anything. They did confirm my email tho and they DID say that new boxes wouldn't be available till summer so I'm assuming that's what we're waiting on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Clark
United States
Brevard County
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
//They did confirm my email tho and they DID say that new boxes wouldn't be available till summer so I'm assuming that's what we're waiting on.

I didn't get any response on boxes...I spoke up in a different post and Arthur said I should have my stuff soon there...about a month ago.

No official word from PG though.

I will have to find pictures again in the email as I deleted them from my phone.

Or I guess I can retake them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
We are waiting for 100 boxes to be freighted from CA, which is due to arrive this week. So far as I am aware, every replacement has been at least sent out, except for those needing boxes. Yours will be sent as soon as these new boxes arrive.

I'm very sorry about this, and the delay. Boxes were one of the most requested items, and we did not have enough. We are now cannibalizing our retail stock to send replacements. Panda, contrary to explicit instructions, packed the core games without padding. That's actually one of the (many) reasons we aren't using them anymore. The 2nd wave and all future games will be shipped with much greater care.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
So far as I am aware, every replacement has been at least sent out, except for those needing boxes.

Uh oh. That makes me fear that there's a lost mi-go head floating around somewhere in the US postal system that has never made it to its destination.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
Quote:
So far as I am aware, every replacement has been at least sent out, except for those needing boxes.

Uh oh. That makes me fear that there's a lost mi-go head floating around somewhere in the US postal system that has never made it to its destination.

Sorry to hear that...though it would certainly be poetic justice for the mi-go if you think about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brother Jim wrote:
StormKnight wrote:
Quote:

Sorry to hear that...though it would certainly be poetic justice for the mi-go if you think about it.

I think I remarked on that in the email requesting a replacement head.

My Reaper Bones Cthulhu showed up missing his head.
My Cthulhu Wars had a Mi-Go missing a head.
Strange.
And I'm willing to bet that if things go as announced for a second Cthulhu Wars KS, if I get in on that I'll get a mini missing a head.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
The obvious solution is to ONLY order minis that don't have heads. Like dholes, azathoth, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
existoid wrote:
We are waiting for 100 boxes to be freighted from CA, which is due to arrive this week. So far as I am aware, every replacement has been at least sent out, except for those needing boxes. Yours will be sent as soon as these new boxes arrive.

I'm very sorry about this, and the delay. Boxes were one of the most requested items, and we did not have enough. We are now cannibalizing our retail stock to send replacements. Panda, contrary to explicit instructions, packed the core games without padding. That's actually one of the (many) reasons we aren't using them anymore. The 2nd wave and all future games will be shipped with much greater care.

UPDATE:

These have arrived. A little later than expected, but there are several pallets of games just sitting in Sandy's garage goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That's weird. My minis showed up last week but with no box replacement. I guess that means one isn't coming?

I'd hate to have it shipped separate now, that's going to cost a mint and the three minis I got replaced were already packed in a box that easily could have fit a copy of Arkham Horror.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Clark
United States
Brevard County
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I pledged only $1 at the orcs campaign for fear of a Queen Games-like problem with getting the replacement pieces.

Sad, as it looked like a good game (or set of games)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There actually is no real problem getting the replacements, Petersen Games has been VERY good about doing it especially considering how much they had to replace thanks to faulty shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
That's weird. My minis showed up last week but with no box replacement. I guess that means one isn't coming?

I'd hate to have it shipped separate now, that's going to cost a mint and the three minis I got replaced were already packed in a box that easily could have fit a copy of Arkham Horror.

Any word on this? I sent an email as well but got no reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
Magic Pink wrote:

I know that Link sent a stack of CW boxes out to the PO yesterday. He's been churning through those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
existoid wrote:
Magic Pink wrote:
Magic Pink wrote:

I know that Link sent a stack of CW boxes out to the PO yesterday. He's been churning through those.

So the boxes ARE going out separate from any other replacements?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
existoid wrote:
Magic Pink wrote:
Magic Pink wrote:

So the boxes ARE going out separate from any other replacements?

It is possible they are in some cases - such as yours, since you said that figures have been sent to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.