7 Posts

7 Wonders» Forums » Rules

Subject: Commerce during Age II rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ivan Kurnosov
msg tools
Hi,

the very last page of the rules book states that resources/materials earned from the cards played at Age II cannot be bought by neighbouring cities.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4486681/IMG_20150429_235...

Whereas I haven't seen anyone here to emphasize on that (since it looks like a very significant limitation).

Am I missing something important?

If not, how do you distinguish between them - the proposed layout does not address this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah - you can't buy resources given on a commerce (yellow) card. You play these cards above your wonder board, not in the stack extending diagonally out from the top-left corner. The only resources available to buy are those extending from the top left corner - either brown or grey backgrounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mango Man
United Kingdom
Cowes
Isle of Wight
flag msg tools
That's going to happen, I don't think.
badge
Will I shut the holy hell up?
mbmbmbmbmb
Players can never use resources on their neighbours' yellow cards. The ruling is purely on yellow cards. There is no need to distinguish them as these are only available in the 2nd Age.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Kurnosov
msg tools
Hmmm, how would one know the rules refer to the yellow cards specifically?

I know that you cannot do that will yellow cards but on a screenshot nothing refers to them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are the only cards that have the icons shown in that part of the rule book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tables
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zerkms wrote:
Hmmm, how would one know the rules refer to the yellow cards specifically?

I know that you cannot do that will yellow cards but on a screenshot nothing refers to them.

The clarification is referring specifically to the brick/stone/wood/ore choice or the glass/cloth/papyrus choice, which are the effects on two yellow cards - in other words, the clarification is referring to the fact that these resources cannot be bought because they are found on yellow cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Kurnosov
msg tools
Oh, I see now, the "A/B/C/D" graphics on the left is a literal image, whereas I treated `/` character as a natural language "OR"

Thanks for clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.