Valerio Vitelli
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
mb
In the player aid with the tutorial scenario, I read that an alternative campaign starting from this initial situation would be put out after the game publication. Can I find it somewhere?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mokszycki
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I never released that alt campaign, and in fact you're the first person ever to inquire about it. I had assumed a lack of interest. Ditto for the "sausage war" scenario mentioned in the designer notes.

Based on my own experiences dealing with Red Winter players, it seems to me that the vast majority of players don't play all of the scenarios in the box. They move on to other games after playing one or two scenarios. Most haven't even played the full campaign game. So my own feelings are that there are probably more than enough scenarios in the box to keep 99% of players busy. Of course, I'd be happy to be proven wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valerio Vitelli
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
mb
In these days of cult of the new, it is really a pity that players just skim on the potential of a title. Thanks for the response, I really enjoyed even the super simple tutorial scenario, I'm really having a though time trying to use the finns effectively.

I should open a specific thread in the rule section, but I ask my question here: if a unit start its movement in an eZOC exerted by more than one unit, to leave the hex it must pay only +1MP or +1MP for each enemy unit exerting an eZOC?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mokszycki
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It pays just +1 MP regardless of the number of units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCormick
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
duckweed wrote:
I never released that alt campaign, and in fact you're the first person ever to inquire about it. I had assumed a lack of interest. Ditto for the "sausage war" scenario mentioned in the designer notes.

Based on my own experiences dealing with Red Winter players, it seems to me that the vast majority of players don't play all of the scenarios in the box. They move on to other games after playing one or two scenarios. Most haven't even played the full campaign game. So my own feelings are that there are probably more than enough scenarios in the box to keep 99% of players busy. Of course, I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

I think that's a fair assumption. I'm working my way through the scenarios and enjoying them. Won't get to the full campaign for a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bryan wills
United States
Wonder Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the game is incredible. I play the full scenario exclusively now and would never turn down a chance to play!!

I'm playing a solo campaign game currently and look forward to playing it face to face again when I can.

I'm hoping you do publish or make available the alternate campaign and am eagerly yet patiently waiting for Red Winter II!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.