chuck reaume
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm asking because I have one I want to sell but I have no idea what the going rate for one is since I can't find any to compare it to.

The closest was a single battle box on eBay for $250 which I thought was ridiculous.

I'm not trying to make a killing I just don't want to get taken to the cleaners either. I had it on eBay with a starting bid of $75 with a "buy it now of $125 and while it got some looks, it didn't get any bids or offers.

I've played the game twice and since then it's just been gathering dusk on the shelf. would like to find it a new home!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
I think that's a bit high. Take a look at this site, http://spielboy.com/# and hover over each data point to see which data points might correspond to what you're trying to sell. Patience is the order of the day, it's an old game so it may take a while to find a taker.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck reaume
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!!

That site is blocked at work (no surprise here) so I'll check it out when I get home tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have two local gaming stores that still has a little bit of Monsterpocalypse stuff left. One has Monster and Unit boosters from the first two sets selling for about $13 each. These have a random monster, or up to 4 random units and a random building. They also had one-player starter sets for $20, but I bought those up.

The other store doesn't sell boosters but they sell singles, and they range from $4 - $12 for each monster, treating Hyperforms as separate monsters. Their unit prices are each $4 each. I'm not sure if these include the cards or not.

These are the closest thing to retail prices I can find locally.

Looking online, i can see Miniatures Market has random monsters (including a hyperform) for $4 each, a one-player starter set for $20 (including one monster and four units and two buildings, map and dice), and sell individual units for about $1 - $2 each.

At the bare minimum, the Battle Box has most of the stuff from two starter sets, including 4 monster figures (2 versions of 2 monsters), 8 unit figures, 4 buildings, 2 sets of specialty dice, 2 monster health trackers, 1 (instead of 2) double-sided city map, 1 (instead of 2) rulebook, and 1 (instead of 2) quick start rules sheet. So this part is pretty easy to value at $40, which is both the online price for two starter sets and the price I recently paid at a local gaming store.

So in addition to this stuff, the battle box comes with an additional 18 units and 2 buildings. Both as singles and as randomized packs, units come out to about $4 each, but less than half that online as non-random singles. Let's put the average value at $2.50 for non-random units. Buildings are a little more - we can safely say about $5 at the low-end, as I've seen them on Miniatures Market for $4 each and they cost about half that when included randomly in a unit booster if we are valuing units at $2.50 each. Nevertheless, even cheap buildings are something of a premium, and many of the cheaper ones are available for $10 on ebay. (I don't know if they are actually selling at those prices though.) There is a $6 map pack that includes one premium building and an exclusive map, so I think a $5 building evaluation is in the ballpark for cheaper buildings.

So this puts the BattleBox at a valuation of $40 (for two starters) + $10 (for extra buildings) + $45 (for 18 extra non-random units) = total of $95. I would consider that the maximum realistic value of this product if sold commercially, new.

It's the market equivilent price -- I'm pretty sure if I had $95, I can go out and buy the equivalent of the Battle Box brand new, and that's without actively bargain hunting.

Now considering the product is used, not being sold commercially through a store front, and that the game is pretty old, and may have additional shipping costs for the buyer... you may want to mark that price down a bit, maybe 20%-30% or more. But if you just want to know how much its worth, I think it would cost about $95 to replace. Because its such an old game, you may be able to find it cheaper, of course, through auctions or clearances.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck reaume
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wow... just, wow.

my head is spinning :).

thanks so much for the breakdown!

does the monster set make much of a difference, one way or the other? the set contains Lords of Cthul and G.U.A.R.D. units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the specific factions will increase the dollar value, but those two will probably sell a little easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tolin
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cross-posted from your original thread: FWIW, I recently sold my MonPoc collection via BGG auction, and it included two battleboxes. It sold for $60. I think they are worth considerably less than the original retail price at this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck reaume
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the feedback. Very much appreciated!

Going to try to sell it at a starting price of $60 and go from there.

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.