Unpublished Prototype» Forums » Sessions

Subject: A game of Chicken Rock, Paper, Scissors rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Prieto
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools

I playtested this game made by a colleague.

The idea is a gladiator match between 2 players. Each player has the same set of Movement, Attack, or Defense actions. However, each player can only use up to 2 actions.

At the beginning of each turn, players choose their actions without the opponent knowing which they are going to use. After both players chose their actions, they play them at the same time. The player wins when they reduce the opponent's health to 0 and kills them.

This game has potential with its hexagonal grid map and sense of anticipation. However, it has that big room for improvement.

The grid looks pretty empty and the 2 players start facing each other between 1 hex space. The game could end really quickly if both players decide to move toward each other and keep rolling for hits and block checks until one dies. I think having the players start further away from each other and adding some barriers or terrain on the map would help create appeal to the map and add possible tactical movement. The designer seems to agree.

Players also have an action to rotate the direction of their vision on the grid. We didn't had to use this at all - it seems useless. We could have just moved through grids and attack the player who is always in front of us. We had suggestions about adding more players to the game, so that players can rotate and focus on other opponents. We think of also adding a back attack penalty/bonus, or tracking enemy position direction while moving between hexes.

I can't wait to see how this develops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.