Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Marks
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is, as the box says, "the game of all time." Players try to construct a timeline of 10 events, one card at a time.

First, I'll tell you how that plays out in a 2-player game. Each player starts with one card in front of them, that has an event and the date that event took place. Then, Player A draws a card and reads the event. Player B tries to decide whether that event happened before or after the event on his card. If he's right, he places the card in front of him in the correct location. Then Player B does the same for Player A. Once you have two or more cards in front of you, you're trying to decide whether a card goes before your cards, between two cards, or after the cards. Depending on the luck of the draw, you might have 5 cards dated 1701, 1753, 1824, 1872, and 1941, which gives you some nice intervals to guess. Or you might have 4 cards in the 1860s, and you have to guess in which year a certain Civil War battle took place. The first player to get 10 cards wins.

The game changes a bit when you have more than 2 players. Because if one player guesses incorrectly, the next player in line gets to guess where the event fits in his own timeline. And if he guesses wrong, the next player gets to guess. And so on until you get all the way around the circle. (The player reading the card will obviously not get to guess.) And each player is getting additional clues, based on the guesses of those who came before, such as "Well, the event doesn't take place before 1540, and doesn't take place between 1812 and 1953."

Some of the events are things that would be found in a history book, but some are more obscure (the invention of Tupperware, for example). So history buffs won't run away with the game, necessarily.

Since the mechanic of the game is easy (you're either reading a card or guessing where it goes), it's easy to introduce to new players. So I enjoy playing with friends or with my wife's family.

Overall, this is a nice, relatively quick game that can be a lot of fun, and you'll learn something along the way. I recommend it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.