Paul / PHX Gamer
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there,

I just picked up James Clavell's Tai Pan today at a used shop and was excited to find that it is unpunched. The problem is that there were no rules included in the game. I'm thinking about trying to return the game, but would really like to give this one a shot.

Does anyone know of an electronic version of the rules?

Thanks in advance,

GTOGixxer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Packard
United States
Palmdale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a complete copy of the game. I can try scanning the rules for you and sending them to you.

However, you caught me at a time when I'm swamped. I'll try to do it soon, but it will likely be a few (or several) days before I can get to it. I'm sorry about that, but it's my best offer at the moment.

If someone else helps you before I can, that's great. Otherwise I'll scan mine later. Feel free to email me to give me a nudge if a few days go by and you think I've forgotten (you might be right).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brady
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Is there a "fornicate all foreign devils" card?

It's been years since I read the book, but I remember that saying, which most of the natives were fond of using, like it was yesterday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Howard
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great little game.
My wife is the opium queen.
I can get you a rules set (copy or scan)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul / PHX Gamer
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be great, but hold off for a bit, I'm not certain I have all the pieces. There is one sheet of chits that are not punched out, but I found one loose chit in the box. It's is green on one side and brown on the other.

Can you give me a rough idea of how many of those chits should be in the box?

I don't want to put anyone out having them scan/copy the rules if I don't even have all the other components.

Also, I checked with the store and I'm good to bring it back if I want a refund.

Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Allbritain
United States
Columbia
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just bought the game at a thrift store, had all pieces and instructions. Unfortunately, I left the instructions at the store! laugh cry blush Not feeling so good about my $.85 "bargain" anymore. Please post the rules to file section, whiteknight85 (or some other compassionate soul!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.