Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » NSW (Sydney)

Subject: MILSIMS Avalon Hill Sale rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: sales [+] australia [+] [View All]
Iain Triffitt
Australia
Five Dock, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MILSIMS have Betrayal at the House on the Hill, Risk 2150 and Nexus Ops for $45 at the moment!

I've already ordered Nexus Ops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Dean
Australia
Earlwood
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Handy, I want to try that one I already have Betrayal, no real interest in Risk...and you didn't mention RoboRalley which is also on sale there for $45! I grabbed that one. Wednesdays are looking more enticing all the time eh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haggett
United States
Riverside
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The prices are probably Australian dollars, which are worth a bit less than the US$

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Woodard
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it looks like $1.00US is currently equal to about $0.77AU (according to XE.com). That still puts the price at around $35.00US and that is high for these games right now (at least here in the US).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cox
Australia
Petersham
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
$US20 is currently around $AU26 - so yes, we are paying WAY over the retail price in the US...distance is no excuse either these days so I'm not sure what the reason is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well on the bright side, you should be able to get flames of war stuff cheaper. i think they make their stuff in new zealand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G. Cox Esq.
Australia
Lighthouse Beach
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Do what you can, with what you've got, where you are.
mbmbmbmbmb
aaaarh! let me be thinkin' about this one.

could it be to do with shipping and postage? If you were to pay US $20 for a game and ship it to Australia it might be a lot more than MILSIMS $45 pluse $5.50 for postage.

it might just be.

arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Vogle
United States
Jenks
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI, for us Americans, Toys R Us online has both Betrayal at House on the Hill and Nexus Ops for $19.99 right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cox
Australia
Petersham
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As I said, shipping and postage is a weak excuse these days. They still have to ship games to the US from Europe and most games are probably made in China. We're probably paying for shipping to the US and from there to Aus...not direct. And like books, there is no parallel importing to reduce costs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cox
Australia
Petersham
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
BTW Games Paradise online also has those games for sale with free shipping over $85 plus an extra 5% discount...and (try to ignore this if your in the US!) they have Warrior Knights on 'sale' for $57...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Dean
Australia
Earlwood
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well..we do pay more for games..but when I drink a Coke while playing that game it has real sugar in it not that ghastly corn stuff the US uses! I think I'll stay and play here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
coxy_fc wrote:
As I said, shipping and postage is a weak excuse these days. They still have to ship games to the US from Europe and most games are probably made in China. We're probably paying for shipping to the US and from there to Aus...not direct. And like books, there is no parallel importing to reduce costs.

I think you just game a pretty good excuse as to why games are more expensive there. Lame that it has to travel half way around the world, yes, but the costs can be accounted for. And it's not like gas/oil is ever coming down in price, either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.