Subject: Contract Card Disparity rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools

I haven't played yet, but I am curious about the quite varied benefits of the contract cards.

Eagle Wharf offers up to 21 points (for a total expenditure of 7 resources).
The next best contract is Loch Haven (17 points for 6 resources).
The best Denton can manage, is only 13 points (for 6 resources).

So, the Eagle Wharf contract looks like the one everyone hopes to get.
But I guess it's not that simple, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
haven't looked at the cards but it probably has to do with what type of cargo is needed...

I haven't played the game but if I recall correctly from looking at the cards some Cars are more expensive to put out than others... I'm just guessing but it would make some sense...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Muse23PT wrote:
haven't looked at the cards but it probably has to do with what type of cargo is needed...

I haven't played the game but if I recall correctly from looking at the cards some Cars are more expensive to put out than others... I'm just guessing but it would make some sense...

Yes, Coal is the least valuable, Oil is worth more, and boxes are worth the most.

As a result, Hoppers are cheapest and have the most efficient VP/cost ratio, while Boxcars are most expensive (and lease efficient VP/cost).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.