Popular Tags: [View All]
Shannon L
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
User name bonkhead46 made a trade offer saying he would trade Settlers of Catan for my Victory in the Pacific. Then when I asked him for details such as game condition I never heard back from him. He does not have any games for trade in his geek profile. It just seems fishy.

I asked him to clear this up but he never replied even though he logged in after my message was sent.

Just thought I would give a word of warning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Shanmugasundaram
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as both parties do not finalize a trade or actually begin the exchange process, I personally don't see a raised red flag.

I've flaked plenty of times on responses to initial inquiries and silently allowed unsolicited trade offers lapse into expiration -- even when I've initiated a conversation. Real life intrudes, or I realize I'm about to become irrationally greedy, or I want to pull out of the trade but don't really know how to tell someone I'm no longer interested.

While I don't like being on the receiving end of that behavior, and am admittedly somewhat disappointed that I conduct myself in that manner, I don't see that as jeopardizing my trade status.

Talk is talk (or not, when it's not). Once I've committed to a trade, that relationship has my full attention until it is resolved. That's all that matters to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carol Carpenter
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's a bit early to issue a word of warning. Just my two cents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon L
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fair enough. Maybe I over-reacted. Just seemed like he was fishing for unsuspecting traders. He also has another user account by the name of "Bonkhead". Your probably right though.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
trailofdead wrote:
Fair enough. Maybe I over-reacted. Just seemed like he was fishing for unsuspecting traders. He also has another user account by the name of "Bonkhead". Your probably right though. Thanks

He hasn't logged into the bonkhead account since 2005-08-22. Most likely he forgot the password for that account and created a new one. Hmm, scratch that, the 46 account was created on 2003-04-01. I don't know what is going on there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.