Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sylvain Gauthier
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking at the KS page when I've noticed the timer in the components break down.

In a time where most people have a cell phone, it also means you have a timer in your pocket....so what's the point ?

I mean, if you have access to the internet to make a pledge on KS, chances are you have a phone with a timer.

I don't know the manufacturing cost of that particular component, but I'd rather have another double-sided map instead.

Because, to be honest, the lonely double-sided board is the only thing holding me back at the moment.

I know, there will probably be a stretch goal for another board, but the timer will still be useless.

Escape had a CD and app, that was fine since you needed to know when to rush to the center tile or the exit, but here it's just a 2 minutes timer without any advice to tell you time's running out, adding to the pressure, what the game is all about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Harding
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A cool music CD for timing sounds cool!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad it comes with a timer. Sure alot of people have timers on their phone, but we always have issues with dead phones or someone not having a timer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
The timer will be far cheaper than a board. I can get timers for $2 at a flea market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evangelos Foskolos
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
Gaming Together
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since people need to keep track of time, we need to provide to everyone who will get his hands on the game the option to play the game without anything else (even a mobile phone).
Every single component needed in order to play in the game, should be included in the game box in all games.

A soundtrack would also be nice, it's a cool idea meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Gong
United States
Kingsburg
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad they included the timer. I hate games that leave out key components, trusting the gamers will have it.

Dice? You didn't tell me to bring dice???

....yeah, I hate it when THAT happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't want phones out while I play. Glad they are adding it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stretch Goal Timer App Please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I dont have timer on my phone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandra Dageroth
Germany
Steinhagen
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And I still don't have a phone since mine broke down a year ago. I'm happy to be without most of the time...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our Golden house rule:

No phones or drinks at the gaming table.

So glad a timer is included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
flag msg tools
Games should always come with all the necessary components required to play them out of the box. That is reason enough for its inclusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.