6 Posts

Warhammer Quest» Forums » General

Subject: Playing with just 2 people? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raven Morpheus
msg tools
Hello

I'm looking into building my own Warhammer Quest set.

However, I wondering how many players are needed.

Myself and my gaming buddy don't belong to a gaming club so are the only people who are likely to play this as we don't have a 3rd or 4th person to play it with.

Can a WHQ game work with just 2 people playing - I'm thinking 1 needs to be a GM whilst the other actually plays as the 4 characters?

TIA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rami S
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the cool thing of WQ is that it does not require a GM, you can play by yourselves and beat the system, or at least try

You can play each 2 char or only 1, check the rules for adapting the monster spawn per the number of player present.
Happy dungeoneering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raven Morpheus
msg tools
Shakar wrote:
One of the cool thing of WQ is that it does not require a GM, you can play by yourselves and beat the system, or at least try

You can play each 2 char or only 1, check the rules for adapting the monster spawn per the number of player present.
Happy dungeoneering.

Thanks. That's cool to know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Lewis
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
If you decide two go with jut two heroes, you can half the numbers of spawning monsters/etc.

but even when you do this, make sure ONE of you is a healer ... just sayin'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R K
msg tools
If you are new to the game, do a basic game without a GM and each of you take two Warriors.

WHQ can be played with a GM, but that is kind of the Advanced-Advanced game. It's not quite a full RPG like D&D, but it can still be fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Littlemonk
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Young Forest Warrior
badge
Samurai trained to die with honor. Ninja trained to kill others. Shao-Lin trained to live forever!
mbmbmbmbmb
Raven Morpheus wrote:
Hello

I'm looking into building my own Warhammer Quest set.

However, I wondering how many players are needed.

Myself and my gaming buddy don't belong to a gaming club so are the only people who are likely to play this as we don't have a 3rd or 4th person to play it with.

Can a WHQ game work with just 2 people playing - I'm thinking 1 needs to be a GM whilst the other actually plays as the 4 characters?

TIA

I've always felt it was best with two players, each playing two Warriors!

Read my take on that, and other aspects, here:

THE TOP 10 REASONS WHY I LOVE WARHAMMER QUEST
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.