Up Front» Forums » General

Subject: So...Phil Sauer Lost...? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johnny Truant
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Is that what I'm reading here? Someone give me the Law and Order version...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
<insipid sound effect> Everybody lost but the lawyers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Truant
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Anyone know why it was dismissed? Or is the explanation a bunch of stupid legalize?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Syvertsen
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
General Sherman says have a great day!
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a settlement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they settled. I am not 100% sure of that, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Truant
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Ah, gotcha. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The case was dismissed and $125k returned. I don't know enough about civil law to say if that indicates an out of court settlement, a defeat for Phil, or something in between. Likewise, I would suspect much of that $125k will be taken up in legal fees. No telling how this will end but it's certainly more movement than has been seen for some years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Conventional Logic seems to say that the order of victory goes something like this (in wargaming terms):

Lawyers (collectively) - decisive victory (+$200,000 in total fees collected from all parties)

Phil - tactical victory (got back around $130,000 of his $300,000 loan)

RikTor, aka Aquaman - marginal victory (kept very little KS money, but stayed out of jail)

Of course, the above is based in part on conjecture since the final terms haven't been announced (and may never be announced).

*EDIT* - and, oh yeah, how could I forget...

Up Front KS Backers - decisive defeat (lost their money, got no games, have no recourse)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kazimierczak
United States
Falmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
desertfox2004 wrote:
Conventional Logic seems to say that the order of victory goes something like this (in wargaming terms):

Lawyers (collectively) - decisive victory (+$200,000 in total fees collected from all parties)

RikTor, aka Aquaman - marginal victory (kept very little KS money, but stayed out of jail)

Of course, the above is based in part on conjecture since the final terms haven't been announced (and may never be announced).

So how many VP did each player have? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Logs
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My gut says he got the cash and probably ownership to the inventory of the games he actually invested in at the GA warehouse. Lawyers got the rest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe C Faust
United States
Hartville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
desertfox2004 wrote:
Up Front KS Backers - decisive pyrrhic defeat (lost their money, got no games, have no recourse)

FTFY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marstov
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boddekker wrote:
desertfox2004 wrote:
Up Front KS Backers - decisive pyrrhic defeat (lost their money, got no games, have no recourse)

FTFY

Is that even a thing? I mean, a Pyrrhic Victory is where you lose so much "winning" that it is essentially a defeat. So what would a Pyrrhic defeat be? You lose, but by so little it doesn't count as a loss? I'm out a decent chunk of $ on that failed KS, I vote with the decisive defeat description.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
desertfox2004 wrote:

Up Front KS Backers - decisive defeat (lost their money, got no games, have no recourse)

So most of those who suffered a decisive defeat here lost something of the order of $100-$150 each.

And the tactical victor lost $170,000.

What a strange scoring system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel GOUSSET
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marstov wrote:
boddekker wrote:
desertfox2004 wrote:

FTFY

Is that even a thing? I mean, a Pyrrhic Victory is where you lose so much "winning" that it is essentially a defeat. So what would a Pyrrhic defeat be? You lose, but by so little it doesn't count as a loss? I'm out a decent chunk of $ on that failed KS, I vote with the decisive defeat description.

Well if you are on the other side of a Pyrrhic Victory then you are technically enjoying a Pyrhic defeat...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.