GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,610 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Wes Herndon

Memphis
Tennessee
msg tools
designer
Hey all. This is the artwork created for Clockwork Armada, our Kickstarter project.
I'm really proud of these, and wanted to compile them in one place, and give the artists the credit they deserve. I'm going to include their Deviant Art handles because I think they deserve a lot of credit, but if this is against policy somehow, let me know and I'll edit.

This one is by Matt Pitt, redkidone on DA. Maybe his first combat commission, I think. I was drawn by his pieces of little ships exploring big colorful settings.

This is by Tom McGrath, spikedmcgrath on DA. I found him through an awesome image of two airships burning and fighting in the sky.

Yuichiro Ohara is responsible for these images, waffle0708 on DA.
He has his own fantastical setting he is working on, and when I saw all of his artwork I knew we had similar tastes in aesthetics.

This is the awesome logo my good friend Chase Gray came up with, blitzjaeger on DA. He is the most talented miniature painter I know, and turns out awesome at making logos too. Interestingly, half the people I show this image to don't get the double meaning of the logo, do you see it?

Mallory Berry made a custom font for the game, which looks amazing. Her DA is mallykatt.

Last but certainly not least, Tomasz Belzowski (JanBoruta on DA) is not only a great artist, but designed the concept art that ultimately became all the miniatures in the game. I was searching DA while taking a community college course years ago when I stumbled on his airship designs, I was shocked that they were exactly the unique look I was searching for.

I hope these were enjoyable and imagination stirring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DJ Wilde
United States
Monroe
LA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What can I say. Beautiful work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Herndon

Memphis
Tennessee
msg tools
designer
Thanks! I like your work too, really intense. I know I've seen the name Galaxy Zento around, did you have an article on League of Gamemakers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
Ah, Steampunk. The only genre known to man where a spaceship can have paddlewheels without being immediately laughed out the door.

Seriously, though, gorgeous artwork. =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bane Williams
Australia
Smithfield
South Australia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Great artist attribution there!

I recently hired a few artists myself to work on my upcoming steampunk game, but the hardest part for me was deciding exactly which artists to go through!

It's incredible the amount of variety there is in airship design across the entirety of DA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Topher
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Great illustrations! It definitely shows that you put the legwork into finding talent to work with. Whoever did the sculpting for your ships did a great job, as well. Sometimes the spirit of a drawing can be lost when translating it to 3D, but the renderings on your Kickstarter page look awesome too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DJ Wilde
United States
Monroe
LA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
lastspartacus wrote:
Thanks! I like your work too, really intense. I know I've seen the name Galaxy Zento around, did you have an article on League of Gamemakers?

No, but it's on Deviant Art, Facebook, and Google+. I've been building an online presence for a few years now. I may earn some articles yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.