Popular Tags: [View All]
Robin
United States
glennallen
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently got my three year old son the Penguin Pile-Up varation called Happy Feet Mumble's Tumble made by Saba games.

The Components:

The game consists of a large ice berg, a red bouy that sits at the top of the ice berg, a large tube like stand to keep the ice berg unstable, and 20 penguins. The ice berg has slanted edges making it very difficult to place the penguins.

Unlike Penguin Pile-Up, the 20 penguins are characters from the new Happy Feet movie. There are 5 Mumble, 5 Gloria, 5 Ramon, and 5 Lovelace. Also, the penguins have different sizes and weights making it more difficult to stack the penguins.

The penguins are made out of hard plastic which makes it easier to get my one year old involved in the game. He can, at least, hold a penguin while he watches his brother play.

Game Play:

Much like Penguin Pile-Up, the game plays the same way as cornjob outlines in his review. The player wins by stacking all of his/her penguins on the ice berg first. If a player knocks off other penguins when trying to stack a penguin, the player must keep all the penguins that fell.

When playing with my three year old son, we almost always take out the tube like stand. He has a better time stacking without the frustration of knocking the other penguins off. Or sometimes, he has a better time lining the penguins across the table and dancing them around. Nonetheless, it is a great activity for him.

Conclusion:

I think this is a great game for adults because it is not entirely easy to play. The balancing of the penguins on to the ice berg is quite a challenge. This would make a great party game.

It is also a great game and toy for children. My three year old loves to play the game with and without the stand, and he and his one year old brother like to play with the little plastic penguins as toys. All and all it was a good purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.