Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Bazynski
Poland
warsaw
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
could someone please tell me what do amoeba and chronos do? i got the german version, and these two are the ones i cannot the explanation of anywhere... thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Grundy
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From my Mayfair edition:

Amoeba:
You have the power to Ooze.

When you are a main player in a challenge, after selecting Challenge Cards but before revealing them, you may increase or decrease the number of your tokens in the challenge. You may remove some or all to you bases, or you may add as many more as you want to your side in the challenge from any of your bases (as long as you had some in the challenge to start with). If you are the offensive player, you may ooze more than four tokens into the cone.

(Note: This means you can use a challenge to rearrange some tokens between bases.)

Chronos:
You have the power to time travel.

When you are a main player in a challenge, after Challenge Cards have been revealed, you may avoid the outcome and gain a second chance by decaring "time travel". In this case, you pick up the card you played and return it to your hand. Your opponent leaves the card he played face down and to one side (unless he shows you it is his last Challenge Card). Now, you both play the challenge again starting from the point at which you selected challenge cards to play. You both can use any card in your hands, and this time the outcome is final. When the challenge is over, your opponent takes back te card that was set aside.

(Note: this means edicts and flares played after the first selection of challenge cards are used up and may have been wasted.)

ps Also each has a little "history" bit at the bottom:

Amoeba History:
Spawned on a totally liquid world, Amoeba are highly conscious of vibrations. Though quick to withdraw from danger, they are equally able to ooze menacingly intocombat when confronted with the proper turbulences. Amoebas have no pity on tose who are less able to respond to circumstances.

Chronos History:
Unique among life forms, the Chronos has forever been able to pierce the veil of time and control its own past. Now, the elite of the race gows tired of a world where minor rivalries lead to constant paradoxes and time-quakes and has set out to redesign the Universe. That this involves altering reality comes as past history to the Chronos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bazynski
Poland
warsaw
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks a lot. i assume the 'challenge cards' are 'encounter cards' from AH edition, and 'tokens' have become 'ships'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Grundy
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes that's right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.