GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,547 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Argent: The Consortium» Forums » Rules

Subject: The Archmage's Staff rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Webster
United Kingdom
Leeds
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like I'm being dumb but could someone tell me how this works exactly please? The rulebook doesn't make sense to me.

I get that it starts in the middle of the table initially and moves to a player who places in it. But when? The rules say during the errands phase. But then they say it resolves during the resolution phase. What resolves?

I have other questions too but they somewhat depend on the answer to the above.
Hopefully someone can make all my confusion disappear with one wave of a rules wand!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Morton
msg tools
Here's the way I understand it:

The Archmage's Staff sits out and has a slot that can be placed on like a normal room. The effect of this slot, at resolution, is "take control of the archmage's staff" (move it in front of you).

The next round, while it's in front of you, you can use its effect as an action, just like if it was a vault card (or a 0-cost spell). Other players (or yourself, though there'd be limited reason to) can place in the staff's slot, and if someone else has a mage there during resolution, they'll take the staff away from you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chrondeath wrote:
Here's the way I understand it:

The Archmage's Staff sits out and has a slot that can be placed on like a normal room. The effect of this slot, at resolution, is "take control of the archmage's staff" (move it in front of you).

The next round, while it's in front of you, you can use its effect as an action, just like if it was a vault card (or a 0-cost spell). Other players (or yourself, though there'd be limited reason to) can place in the staff's slot, and if someone else has a mage there during resolution, they'll take the staff away from you.

this is also the way I understand it. although there is a reason to place your own mage their if you own the staff and that is to make it more difficult for other players to take.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Webster
United Kingdom
Leeds
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to you both.

I'll take the fact that you've both been thumbed by the designer as an indication of validity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.