United States
Lubbock
Texas
flag msg tools
"Let us go out this evening for pleasure; the night is still young."
badge
STOP! WHOSE TURN IS IT NEXT?
mbmbmbmbmb
Yuck. I didn't realize RGG was printing through Hasbro. Card quality stinks in every game of theirs I own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just terrified of my two options:

A. Buy the expansion and have different cardstock between my current base game and the expansion.

B. Buy the base game again, together with the expansion and have the same cardstock for both, but have it bad quality and flimsy :/

Both are rather terrible. It's such a shame, I hope they will work something out but considering that the news about the expansion has dried out, I'm not sure :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Black III
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, when I saw that item on Reddit, I immediately thought of the Arctic Scavengers expansion. I had planned to pre-order it, but this has me concerned that it won't match my current game, and now maybe I need to wait to let others get it and see what people report on here.

That said, there is the possibility that RGG forces Hasbro to improve their production quality for the hobby games market, and Hasbro then comes into line with the German and Chinese manufacturers, eventually giving publishers a viable American production option. I'm not going to hold my breath and wait for it to happen, but speaking objectively, that would be a nice outcome of all of this.

It's going to have to get sorted out before the AS expansion, though, for me to consider it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert K Gabhart
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Rio is well aware of the issue and the community's concerns. Rest assured that the AS cards are being printed at the same printer as before and will be the same quality and consistency as before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Boyd
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
gabhart wrote:
Rio is well aware of the issue and the community's concerns. Rest assured that the AS cards are being printed at the same printer as before and will be the same quality and consistency as before.

That's good news because the idea of solo play for this excites me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Interaction leads to Immersion.
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
gabhart wrote:

AWESOMESAUCE!.
But makes me wonder if I still wanna buy Dominion - Adventures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.