Popular Tags: [View All]
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Essentially you can play the game so that you leave the Hive out completely and just play against another player as a two-player-game.

And it's actually pretty fun to try out. Both players have to play cards on the lane face down and then start revealing one at a time.

I'll try a few more games with a friend and maybe work out a variant, but there does not really seem to be much in the game that causes problems for this kind of play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Freitas
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You got my attention!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So... in a 2 player PvP game, each player starts with 15 HP for their base?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chinkster wrote:
So... in a 2 player PvP game, each player starts with 15 HP for their base?

It's a little short with just 15, I'd try 20. My tests with 20 were quite good, though you might want to push it up even more and see how it goes. If your opponent manages to build a damage powerhouse then you can die in a single turn, so it's better to have more than 15.

I guess I have to run dozens of plays before it becomes more clear. But it's quite fun this way, the game system itself does not seem to have any reason it's not supported, especially since both players have access to the same cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like it would take a lot of work to make this interesting. You'd probably need to introduce some sort of turn structure, so players don't fight over who gets to buy the last Hi-Ex Grenade, or have separate banks for both players. Beyond that, you have to watch your opponent make his buys, so you already have a very good idea of what your opponent's lane is going to be even if the cards are face down, or add some sort of secrecy rules that let you buy cards privately. You'd need to add a turn structure or completely hidden deployment (not just face down cards) - if you put a troop with a bunch of equipment in front, I want to put a Void Mine in front, etc. And in general, it seems like it would suffer from both lanes being pretty samey most of the time. If it works for you, have fun though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torsten Stelling
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
dasmurphy
mbmbmbmbmb
Try playing with the items like Star Realms. Mix all in one draw stack, then lay 5 of them open down. The players can only buy the open items. If they buy one item draw another card and lay it down. This should intense the game a little bit.

If 5 open items are not enough, you need to play with the count of open items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.