GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,268 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Scott Allen Czysz
United States
Freeport
IL
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the confusion. WEX is now "Talons & Teeth".

If you are looking for a simple card game that is also mildly educational, "Talons & Teeth" might be for you.

WEX is an acronym I created for the 3 top predators in the game: Wolf, Eagle, and foX.

This game is a simple rummy / kings in the corner / solitaire type card building game for 1 to 3 players:
1) Get 7 cards
2) Pick 1 of 3 habitats (Woodland, Grassland, Wetland)
3) On each turn, pick a card, then build your habitat one card at a time

A complete habitat contains:
1 Habitat card
2+ Food cards
4+ Animal cards
1+ Predator cards

There are a few more rules including some shared food, shared animals, hazards, and the ability of some animals to "roam" from one habitat to another.

The artwork is not world class, but is certainly functional. If you know an artist that would like to jump on board and create some artwork as a resume builder (for free, in other words), let me know.

I do not have a PnP version of the game because the cards are very ink intensive. The cards are available through GameCrafter:
https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/wex-a-wildlife-habitat-...

If this looks like a game you may be interested in, please feel free to order it through GameCrafter.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Allen Czysz
United States
Freeport
IL
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: A Simple Food Chain / Wildlife habitat Card Game - WEX
Now officially a game on BGG: Talons & Teeth

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Allen Czysz
United States
Freeport
IL
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Allen Czysz
United States
Freeport
IL
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I have several decks available for serious playtesters. The decks cost me about $10 each, plus another couple bucks to mail them to you (USA only, sorry).

Full rules available here: Talons & Teeth under the Files tab - use the latest, version 1.1 rules please.

I am looking for 3 to 4 people who are willing to playtest this game with 2 and 3 players, keep stats, and send me feedback.

If you would like, you can keep the deck of cards, or mail it back to me for other playtesters.

If interested, please message me, including your address.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Allen Czysz
United States
Freeport
IL
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
First round of play testing is done - thank you play testers. Some great feedback, and a somewhat major rules change. If you want to check out the game, please read rules version 2.

As play testing was going on, this game became a finalist in the Korea Board Games contest 2015!
http://kbgdev.com/2015/06/15/548/#more-548

Not sure where I will go with this game next, I suppose wait for the contest results, then off to GameCrafter?

Anyway, thanks all.

Please check out the game: Talons & Teeth

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Allen Czysz
United States
Freeport
IL
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on feedback on this forum, I am re-naming this game from the weird "WEX" to something a little more interesting (hopefully): "Talons & Teeth".

The game is available on Gamecrafter for purchase:
https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/talons-teeth-a-wildlife...

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.