Popular Tags: [View All]
Yiannis Avramandis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Flamers from Sturmpionere and US Combat Engineers have the symbol of the "skull with two arrows" that means that the unit can take a hit before being eliminated.
Is it that correct since there is no back side?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Emil 109 wrote:
The Flamers from Sturmpionere and US Combat Engineers have the symbol of the "skull with two arrows" that means that the unit can take a hit before being eliminated.
Is it that correct since there is no back side?

It doesn't mean "the unit can take a hit before being eliminated" (even if most of them does just that), it means that when it take a hit you flip it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiannis Avramandis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wildhorn wrote:
It doesn't mean "the unit can take a hit before being eliminated" (even if most of them does just that), it means that when it take a hit you flip it.

No.

Revised rules page 10 or basic rules page 3:

Infantry with a "skull": the unit can survive one hit. Flip it over to its "red skull" side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When hit, you flip. If the flip side contains wreckage as the Flamers do, then its dead.

Normally, a unit with one hit, like a Recon will have a Red skull. Red skulls indicate death when hit with that side up. I don't know if Flamers had any errors (grey skull instead of red), but the simple fact that it has one side, indicates it can take one hit.

[Edit: BTW, when Flamer is hit (and thus killed) you flip and leave the unit on the map with the wreckage side up as it blocks LOS)].

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Edit to fix a screw-up on my part.

The skull-and-arrows symbol indicated the unit takes a hit and flips over. Since flamers are not removed from the board, they are flipped to their "wrecked" side, much as a vehicle.

I will double-check with DPG, but I believe that is "as intended".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiannis Avramandis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pisqueeter wrote:
When hit, you flip. If the flip side contains wreckage as the Flamers do, then its dead.

Normally, a unit with one hit, like a Recon will have a Red skull. Red skulls indicate death when hit with that side up. I don't know if Flamers had any errors (grey skull instead of red), but the simple fact that it has one side, indicates it can take one hit.

If so, then we have another issue.

How much is the cost for a Flamer to embark on a truck or landing craft?

If it is a grey skull then the answer is two, but it's only a small squad more close to the one point cost...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiannis Avramandis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nostradunwhich wrote:
The skull-and-arrows symbol indicated the unit takes a hit and flips over. Since flamers are not removed from the board, they are flipped to their "wrecked" side, much as a vehicle.

Also here we have a minor issue when the dead flamer stays on board.

The players have to improvise to keep track of the eliminated units on the recruitment tiles.

Not a big think but I would like to see a separate "aflame" token some time on a future gazette perhaps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.