Subject: Bahamut & Princess combo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Veljko Dobrijevic
Croatia
Split
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the Princess' power affect Bahamut ?
If it does, it's a bit of an overkill. Let's say you play a strong good dragon first, then Bahamut, then the Princess - you could win the gambit and steal 20 gold from every player with good and evil dragons, thereby grabbing most of the gold in the game in one gambit. devil
The Princess' power triggers the powers of GOOD DRAGONS, and Bahamut's type is GOOD DRAGON GOD. Does that mean Bahamut is a god and not a good dragon, or that he is a good dragon and a god ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He's a Good Dragon. Definetely. The "God" is just a clarifier on the end. (Well, that's just my opinion, but I think its clear)
However, that combo would be either exceedingly hard, or more likely impossible to pull off.
If you were leading in the second round, no one else would have two dragons in play, and you couldn't steal with Bahamut.
If you weren't leading in the second round, to trigger Bahamut's power, he would have to have a lower or equal power that the preceeding play. Which is just a teensy bit unlikely.

So, if you happen to have a Copper in your hand 2nd round, play last, draw Bahamut to replace the Copper, then you are good to go!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Campbell
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Lets not also forget the unlikely possibility that someone played the 13gold or tiamat immedietly before you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wouldn't matter if they played Tiamat, powers only trigger if they're lower rank, not equal.

I.e., a 13-power card will never trigger its power unless you played first in the round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Seelbach
United States
Huntington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
Wouldn't matter if they played Tiamat, powers only trigger if they're lower rank, not equal.

I.e., a 13-power card will never trigger its power unless you played first in the round.

That is wrong. Straight from the rulebook:

"The next player takes a turn. If his or her card is no stronger than the last card played this round, its power triggers."

"When the leader plays a card, its power always triggers. On other players' turns, a card's power triggers only if the card's strength is less than or equal to the strength of the card the previous player played this round."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh. I've been playing that wrong all this time. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.