Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

Production of WoW - Miniatures started. Here the list of the first 12 models, all taken among the planes included in the glorious "WoW - Famous Aces":

WOW110A Fokker DR I (von Richthofen)
WOW110B Fokker DR I (Kempf)
WOW110C Fokker DR I (Rahn)

WOW108A Sopwith Camel (Barker)
WOW108B Sopwith Camel (Elwood)
WOW108C Sopwith Camel (Olieslager)

WOW107A Spad XIII (Baracca)
WOW107B Spad XIII (Fonk)
WOW107C Spad XIII (Rickenbaker)

WOW109A Albatros D.Va (Udet)
WOW109B Albatros D.Va (Weber)
WOW109C lbatros D.Va (Jentsch)

Each Wings of War Miniatures Airplane Pack will include one pre-painted, pre-assembled 1/144 scale model plane (plastic+metal) with gaming base, the relative airplane card and its deck of Maneuver cards.

A "Wings of War Miniatures" rulebook will be available at www.wingsofwar.it at the same moment in which the packs will be in the shops.

A DeLuxe box will follow with 4 models (among the abovementioned), rulebook, counters, consolles and rulers.

Including all the time needed for shipping to far-off countries and such, the official date is now "Spring 2007".

Happy flights,

Andrea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SOunds like this one will be quite interesting....I look forward to it!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only bad news here is I wish they were out now.

Andrea, are the planes in the deluxe set also painted and assembled? For some reason, I was remembering (maybe falsely) that they weren't. If the individual ones are coming out first, I probably wouldn't be able to wait anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jpat wrote:
Andrea, are the planes in the deluxe set also painted and assembled?

Yes they are. This is a sample of a pre-painted model:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/144837
(a rough prototype, it should be a bit more accurate - but consider also that it will be smaller than you see it here).
This is a first draft (not definitive in a few details) of a color scheme:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/144841

Thanks for your interest!

Andrea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kinsey
United States
Lancaster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried this game once and didn't like it (but only because the plane cards themselves kept shifting around) - since I heard these minis will be coming out I have a renewed interest in the game and can't wait to get my hands on them... 2007??!??!?!?!? Maybe if you got that damn rabbit off your shoulder you could work faster!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, these minis are meant to solve the problem you noticed (but you can solve it with a tablecloth too, IMHO ).

Osvaldo is a very good friend of mine and I am his official biographer, so I have to take care of him too:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/18020

Anyway he should not be a problem. I already did my part for "WoW Miniatures"... Now it's Nexus Editrice & Italeri's turn!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hilary Hartman
United States
GLENNALLEN
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
Just your friendly, neighborhood game player and superhero!
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in! Love the original WoW!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul O'Connor
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrea, did you mention in another thread that the stands for these figures will include a means of showing altitude?

If so, will these altitude stands be part of each model, or present only in the boxed set? Also, will the stands allow discrete placement for each altitude level already supported by the Burning Drachens rules, or will there be a less granular (or different) system employed?

Looking forward to the models ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each blister will include a few cilindric stands, you will put one for each altitude level moving the plane up and down when you change level. The system is the same of BD, but with a "floor" and a "ceiling" for each scenario leaving planes free to fly in 5 different levels.

Andrea
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul O'Connor
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
angiolillo wrote:
Each blister will include a few cilindric stands, you will put one for each altitude level moving the plane up and down when you change level. The system is the same of BD, but with a "floor" and a "ceiling" for each scenario leaving planes free to fly in 5 different levels.

Andrea

That sounds great, Andrea. I've wanted to check out the altitude rules in Drachens but haven't done so because I couldn't visualize the altitude offsets on the tabletop. This new product will give me a legitimate new way to play the game -- looking forward to it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, have fun!

I personally don't like to use altitude in dogfights, anyway. I like it for ground attack and balloon busting scenarios.

Bye!

A.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BDKWombat wrote:
I tried this game once and didn't like it (but only because the plane cards themselves kept shifting around) - since I heard these minis will be coming out I have a renewed interest in the game and can't wait to get my hands on them... 2007??!??!?!?!? Maybe if you got that damn rabbit off your shoulder you could work faster!

I got a yard and a half of felt and it solved the planes moving around problem also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Key
England
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, these do look gorgeous! kiss (although the Camel's MG appears to be silver rather than black )

Any idea on a price?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Color schemes of the prototypes I got are not definitive, Nexus is taking care for the production version that should be quite better. Even in building (this camel has the landing gear glued in the wrong way). Then maybe you will have to paint a few little details if you do not agree with them...

No, I do not know the price. It will be fixed very soon. I'll keep you updated, promised. Even if the very best way to be updated is to join this group:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/wow_nexus/

All the best,

Andrea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in, give me several of each. Keep up the great work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dorb wrote:
I'm in, give me several of each. Keep up the great work.

Thanks a lot!

Anyway we are working on three color schemes for each model so you can buy just one each and play in 12 with no confusions.

Of course you can also take a few colors and a little brush, and change scheme to some of them to fly additional ones... Up to you! Some decals in commerce could even help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Constantine von Hoffman
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At Unity Games we run a big WoW tournament with 5+ planes to a side. Winning team all get a Snoopy WoW card copied from here on the Geek and the person who gets shot down first gets a special Snoopy vs the Red Baron trophy. The game scales up very well and with 10+ players you get a quite wonderful feeling of chaos. I can't wait to do it with the minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cvonh wrote:
At Unity Games we run a big WoW tournament with 5+ planes to a side. Winning team all get a Snoopy WoW card copied from here on the Geek and the person who gets shot down first gets a special Snoopy vs the Red Baron trophy. The game scales up very well and with 10+ players you get a quite wonderful feeling of chaos. I can't wait to do it with the minis.

If you give me a forwardable new (with contacts/references) I'll tell around...

Nice idea, really!

Happy gaming,

Andrea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrea,

In the Wings of War Miniatures deluxe set, will there also be aircraft cards for the 12 planes found in the Famous Aces basic set? Or no aircraft cards, just the models?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BradyLS wrote:
In the Wings of War Miniatures deluxe set, will there also be aircraft cards for the 12 planes found in the Famous Aces basic set? Or no aircraft cards, just the models?

In each Airplane Pack you will have the regular airplane card (and the maneuvre deck) plus the model with his gaming base. So you can also use the deck to play the old "flat" version if you prefer (in you want to bring the game around in travel with not too much encumbrance, for example).

The DeLuxe box will probably provide (beside the models) both the airplane card and the pilot card: a little portrait of the ace with a skill for him (of course you can add many more of them - one skill is not enough for most of them).

All the best!

Andrea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I've never seen a flying hogfish. I saw one gliding once, but never flying, not actually flying.
United Kingdom
Tyne & Wear
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
The miniatures look great, can't wait to see them in action!

Are we going to see miniatures for all 113 plane/colour combinations currently on the cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...and many more!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Kowalczyk
United States
Somonauk
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any idea when these will be available for purchase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
February in the Old Continent, maybe a bit later in the USA (shipping across the ocean is slow).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please tell me these minis will be expensive so that I don't regret choosing 1:72 scale for my Canvas Eagles game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.