Tim M-L
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am considering getting one of the print of demand co-op expansions. There is not much about the later two on their pages, so I was wondering what are the differences between the three and if anyone considers one of them the best or a better place to start with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Miller
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Differences I know. I ordered the latest 2 and they should be here next week.

Anyways:

Forgotten Souls: Inside, using dragons, flesh moulders, zombies, and the dogs (can't spell them). All cards from the base game.

Nature's Ire: outside, uses 4 other monsters from the base game.

Dark Elements: Uses stuff from the Lair of the Wyrm expansion+base game. There's also an ally in this expansion you have to keep safe I think?

all of them generally work the same, as in how forgotten souls card draw works compared to Ire/Elements is the same, with the same idea of rooms/progression. The stories, enemies, and events are definitely different for each expansion.

That's all I know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wallack Wallack
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmb
mil05006 wrote:

Anyways:

Forgotten Souls: Inside, using dragons, flesh moulders, zombies, and the dogs (can't spell them). All cards from the base game.

Nature's Ire: outside, uses the other 4 monsters from the base game.

Dark Elements: Uses stuff from the Lair of the Wyrm expansion+base game. There's also an ally in this expansion you have to keep safe I think?

all of them generally work the same, as in how forgotten souls card draw works compared to Ire/Elements is the same, with the same idea of rooms/progression. The stories, enemies, and events are definitely different for each expansion.

That's all I know.

Nature's Ire: uses other 4 (not the other 4 because there are 9 total), goblins, ettins, spiders and merroids. It doesn't use elementals. Adds a NPC to help you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Miller
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wallack wrote:
mil05006 wrote:

Anyways:

Nature's Ire: outside, uses the other 4 monsters from the base game.

That's all I know.

Nature's Ire: uses other 4 (not the other 4 because there are 9 total), goblins, ettins, spiders and merroids. It doesn't use elementals. Adds a NPC to help you.

Fixed, thank you! Between the conversion kit and expansions I lose track of who is from what.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For a good feel, download the Rules for each co-op. They have the maps in the back of the rules, so you can get an idea of what the adventuring will be like. I found that Nature's Ire was "more of the same". Having an NPC was interesting, but overall it just felt like Forgotten Souls. I haven't tried Dark Elements yet, but I do like the usage of expansion tiles and monsters.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco
United Kingdom
Loughborough
flag msg tools
Selling Games Workshop miniatures in UK & Belgium due to lack of space. PM me for GW Bretonnia/Skaven miniatures.
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't tried Dark Elements yet, but if I would have to choose only one between Forgotten Souls (FS) and Nature's Ire (NI), I would probably get the last one for some reasons such as:

- Small healing by Desmond. Although he is not so effective as healer, still it give us more flexibility in choosing the classes.cool

- Thrilling last fight. We found Zaldara particularly tough (in comparison to Tharn) and the incoming peril cards increase the tension. devil

- Story and background. Maybe I am claustrophobic () but getting (stupidily) trapped and trying to get out in FS seems to me less interesting than a rescue mission (NI) where it is not so clear who are the bad and good guys.

Well, in the end we like to mix the cooperative adventures but that's another story !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Hammons
United States
Santa Monica
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nature's Ire was my favorite so far with the ally element and the coolest boss fight yet. Playing Dark Elements tomorrow. if you can pick them all up eventually, I would go in order of release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.