Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Bazynski
Poland
warsaw
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the defending player ALWAYS the one whose order disk was flipped up (unless it is an attempt to regain one's own planet?

Specifically, I (as blue) get an order to attack red planetsystem. I choose a planet with red and green colonies. Can I choose to attack the green colony?

On a similar note - I get an order to attack my own planetsystem. Can I choose a planet where my own (as well as someone else's) ships are? do my ships there count as 'attacking', or do they get to stay even if I lose (assuming I choose ships from elsewhere for the attack)?

thanks a lot
mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L. Scott Johnson
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bazik123 wrote:
Is the defending player ALWAYS the one whose order disk was flipped up (unless it is an attempt to regain one's own planet?

Specifically, I (as blue) get an order to attack red planetsystem. I choose a planet with red and green colonies. Can I choose to attack the green colony?

No. You can only attack red. If you attack a red planet with 0 red colonies and 4 green colonies, you're attacking red, who defends with 0.

Quote:
On a similar note - I get an order to attack my own planetsystem. Can I choose a planet where my own (as well as someone else's) ships are?

Yes.

Quote:
do my ships there count as 'attacking', or do they get to stay even if I lose (assuming I choose ships from elsewhere for the attack)?

The latter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Grundy
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also if you get the order to attack your own system you can choose a planet where there are no opponents and simply move some of your tokens/ships onto it. This counts as your challenge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hinkes
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jgrundy wrote:
Also if you get the order to attack your own system you can choose a planet where there are no opponents and simply move some of your tokens/ships onto it. This counts as your challenge.

Is that then a successful encounter, allowing you to have a second encounter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP D
United States
Vestal
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zeromus wrote:
jgrundy wrote:

Is that then a successful encounter, allowing you to have a second encounter?

Yes.

I'll just also throw out there that we use a house rule that says you can attack any player in the system. We think it improves the game, I'm sure there are many who would disagree though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.