7 Posts

Dungeons & Dragons: Temple of Elemental Evil Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: No Monster Tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Master Charlemax
msg tools
...that's inconvenient.

The last three sets all had monster tokens to represent each of the level 5 and 6 boss enemies in the games. This instalment lacks these tokens completely (not to mention the regular monster tokens that can be used to determine how many regular monsters to place).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Charlemax wrote:
...that's inconvenient.

The last three sets all had monster tokens to represent each of the level 5 and 6 boss enemies in the games. This instalment lacks these token completely (not to mention the regular monster tokens that can be used to determine how many regular monsters to place).

That's a bummer. It was a good way to pick a boss at random.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuriy Matuhno
Ukraine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, man. That's puts a quite a den't on my custom exploration game variant
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Staples
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the villains? Huh, that's disappointing. I picked it up last night but haven't punched the tokens yet.

As far as random regular monster tokens those were only in Ravenloft. This one has varying monster placement points built into the tiles I believe - 0-3 tokens on a tile. I'll try to confirm tonight but read that in another thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Easily fixed with table n dice roll .. Maybe even an app.. Or deck or cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Master Charlemax
msg tools
Milarky wrote:
Easily fixed with table n dice roll .. Maybe even an app.. Or deck or cards

Not sure I would consider that "easily fixed". That would certainly fix it, but not easily. Would take a bit too much effort for me to consider it an easy fix.

Good idea though. Probably something I will be trying to implement as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
or you could use the leftover punched tilesheets, cut out some squares off it and print out your monsters on a sticker sheet. Cut, attach, done. Lot of work but effective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.