Carvel
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
Pew pew pew!!!
badge
I'm a member of the Game Artisans of Canada
mbmbmbmbmb
The latest flyer from Walmart has Heroscape rollback to $31.96. Definitely on the shopping list for my son this Christmas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan K
Indonesia
Tangerang
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for telling me!
I bought one for $34.99 at Target yesterday.
Actually, I'm planning to go to Target to get another set today.
I guess I'll return it, and buy them at Wal-Mart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This isn't exactly on topic, but I hate to start a new thread for one simple question.

What sort of availability is there for the various expansions? Does TRU stock every figure that's come out so far? Is a wave of characters put on the market for a certain period of time and then a new wave comes and the old is just gone? I'm just wondering how hard it is for someone to 'catch up' to everything put out so far... barring buying stuff off of eBay. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Neves
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael,

There have been five blisterpack "waves," with number six arriving in a couple of weeks. Also two large figure boxes, four terrain boxes, and a few other things. These arrive in an inital shipment, but earlier waves are still being manufactured. AFAIK, nothing is planned to go out-of-print, as later releases build on the synergy of earlier ones.

First, try HasbroToyShop.com. This has everything listed, and whether or not they are currently in stock. Waves are restocked! Toys r us and WalMart exclusives are not listed here.

Next, many players swear by the excellent service of small-vendor HouseMouse Games. Sandra tries to keep everything in stock at all times, though you'll pay a little bit more (until the WotC distribution deal comes through?).

This game is a money pit, though. Getting only one of everything will run you $400US easily, and the terrain expansions and common armies are better with at least two of each.

As far as brick-and-mortar or online stores, look around. Stock varies, as to restocking of earlier waves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.