Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

As many of you know, T-shirts for CW have been requested for purchase since as of last GenCon 2014.

Since our SOP is to be super slow at everything , we are just now getting this online. Ok, really, it's that our art director, Rich, has been stretched thin with art tasks for Theomachy, Orcs Must Die!, our upcoming secret project, and The Gods War...oh, and now the infamous CW Season 2.

In any case, we have them finally, if any are interested.

Some of you may recognize ironregime who posts here in our CW forums from time to time. He has been invaluable in helping us put these together.

If you or someone you know may be interested in shirts for their favorite faction, please check out our shirts here:
https://petersengames.com/shop/t-shirts/

These will not be offered in season 2, so please don't ask surprise
This is for several boring misc. reasons that I don't want to go into, but basically, these are sourced through a print on demand service, which means we don't have to keep stock, and can therefore offer far more designs than otherwise (I think we have about 12 or more, and may be adding more over time).

EDIT:
the way pricing works, in case it seems confusing on the site, basically this:
1 for $24, but 2 for $21 each. And 3 or more for $15 each. This price includes shipping for the US.
Canada, I believe is $4 to ship 1 shirt, and $3 to ship two or more (not per shirt, just $3 TOTAL for shipping 2 or more).
International works similar to Canada, only I think it is $8 for 1 shirt, but then $7 for 2 or more ($7 TOTAL).

These prices are sort of weird like this, because they are basically based on our print on demand source, and we simply just do a simple mark up. Their shipping costs somehow go down when you add more shirts, which we think is weird, but they may be playing with their own margins in complex ways. In any case, it is what it is, and hopefully not too pricey.

EDIT:
the prices have been changed, and not for the better. 3+ shirts are not $20 each. Sorry! For a while they were cheaper. 1 and 2 shirt prices are the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boyd
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
I Play With Toy Soldiers.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cthulhu Rising Kids' ... Black Goat Kids' ... Windwalker Kids' all have a certain delectable ring to them ... ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
SWEET! The Elder Thing shirt got made (thanks, Ironregime!)!

Here I am saving money for the Cthulhu Wars: The Second Invocation (or something like that) and now you go and put these shirts on sale. I am going to have to purchase an absolutely indefensible number of these for myself and my daughter. Thanks, guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
"It doesn't have to be a Snow-Man!"

Ahahahaha!
Brilliant!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just realized...
our delay in putting the shirts up may mean some will have less money in their pockets for a season 2

Sometimes we just aren't good with timelines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joking aside, I wouldn't worry. If I'm buying a tee shirt for a game, it's not because there were gameplay items I chose not to buy because I sprang for the tee shirt. I think someone who buys a tee shirt for a board game is committing themselves to being a genuine fan of the game and getting most if not all of what you guys have to offer. There'd be no way to know, but it might actually end up helping you in terms of consumer psychology.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick R. Nielsen-Doss
United States
Hudson Falls
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been buying shirts for GenCon and THIS is a must have now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Storm
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mostly all 'Goth-nerd' black in color? No purple Azathoth and yellow 'yellow sign'?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ppayes wrote:
Mostly all 'Goth-nerd' black in color? No purple Azathoth and yellow 'yellow sign'?

Actually, we have a colored shirt for each of the 8 factions, but not yet ready to go. I dislike black shirts, because I live in TX and they are always hot. I also like band shirts, so I have a lot of them, and so many bands only offer black shirts - especially metal bands. I hate that they offer so little in color. So, I agree completely.

The reason they aren't ready to go, is because the printing company just shows us pics of the shirt color, and it would suck if the online color and the actual, physical color of the shirt don't quite match up, and then it looks bad (to give you an idea, the closest we could find for Sleeper, is a shirt color called Tangerine, and I'm just worried it won't look quite right).

So, perhaps we can let a few brave souls order the colored ones, and give us feedback? We haven't yet decided what to do - we may just get one of each and compare, but we just haven't done it yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumon wrote:
"It doesn't have to be a Snow-Man!"

Ahahahaha!
Brilliant!

That's our new art director's idea. We love it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
existoid wrote:
ppayes wrote:

Actually, we have a colored shirt for each of the 8 factions, but not yet ready to go. I dislike black shirts, because I live in TX and they are always hot. I also like band shirts, so I have a lot of them, and so many bands only offer black shirts - especially metal bands. I hate that they offer so little in color. So, I agree completely.

The reason they aren't ready to go, is because the printing company just shows us pics of the shirt color, and it would suck if the online color and the actual, physical color of the shirt don't quite match up, and then it looks bad (to give you an idea, the closest we could find for Sleeper, is a shirt color called Tangerine, and I'm just worried it won't look quite right).

So, perhaps we can let a few brave souls order the colored ones, and give us feedback? We haven't yet decided what to do - we may just get one of each and compare, but we just haven't done it yet.

Isn't all the writing of the faction slogans already in the faction colors, though? I would be concerned that it wouldn't show up as well. That"s why I was going to be happy with the black shirts. If the writing were in black, then I would definitely go with the faction color tee shirts. Regardless of ths shirt colors, I'm getting all the designs, of course...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brother Jim wrote:
existoid wrote:
ppayes wrote:

Isn't all the writing of the faction slogans already in the faction colors, though? I would be concerned that it wouldn't show up as well. That"s why I was going to be happy with the black shirts. If the writing were in black, then I would definitely go with the faction color tee shirts. Regardless of ths shirt colors, I'm getting all the designs, of course...

The phrases are in black on the colored shirts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! Since the option is not there to select the different faction color tee shirts on the site yet, I will PM you soon to see how you want to handle the purchase. I can at least get some iPhone photos for you to see if you're satisfied with how they turned out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick R. Nielsen-Doss
United States
Hudson Falls
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am only planning to purchase two, but I would love colored shirts also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kazimierczak
United States
Falmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely interested in colored shirts. (Already bought 4 black ones...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kuznick
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
existoid wrote:

How about at least offering each in white?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dkuznick wrote:
existoid wrote:

How about at least offering each in white?

We have an additional white shirt (the basic Cthulhu Rising with no tag line).

But, now we have all the shirts also in their respective Faction colors, in case that is interesting to you.

EDIT:
sadly, our supplier does not have orange shirts for females (at least in the type of shirt we are using, the Gildan2000 or whatever), so for Sleeper's colored shirt...it's pink.
I just ordered one of those for my wife. We'll see how that turns out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Vogel
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Does anyone have one of the shirts yet? Since the site just has the design blocked onto a stock image of a shirt I'm curious as to what the final product actually looks like. If no one has pictures, any chance these are going to be available at GenCon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PJ Cunningham
United States
Greenfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have some of the shirts, but I haven't taken any pics yet. I'll try to do so soon and post here. They look pretty good in person. (Note: I only have black shirts, no colored ones.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NoisyAssassin wrote:
Does anyone have one of the shirts yet? Since the site just has the design blocked onto a stock image of a shirt I'm curious as to what the final product actually looks like. If no one has pictures, any chance these are going to be available at GenCon?

We will likely have things like coupons for free shirts at GenCon - but we will all be wearing the shirts so you can see some of them.

The idea behind doing it the way we're doing it now is that we don't need to keep stock (which means we make less money per shirt, but have no upfront costs, which is great for us!).

In any case, I only got colored shirts, and I think they look fine. I will show some pics later, I think they're all dirty right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PJ Cunningham
United States
Greenfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are photos of a couple of rabid CW fans wearing shirts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Vogel
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
here's one of the colored ones

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marko Parviainen
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
Well, I caved in and ordered three shirts: Azathoth, Nyarly and mommy-Shubby...

At least I now have something to wear while playin CW.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.