GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,366 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
27 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Las Vegas Boulevard» Forums » General

Subject: Is this ever coming to the U.S? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Olson
United States
Troy
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like I heard a 2015 date ages ago. Any news?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah!

i really want this expansion! ... it's available on amazon.de ... but i'd rather not pay for international shipping if i can avoid it ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jill Reid
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska (NE)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's in stock at Time Well Spent games! If you haven't ordered there before, they have great service and great packaging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jill e gamer wrote:
It's in stock at Time Well Spent games! If you haven't ordered there before, they have great service and great packaging.

$41 shipped to me ... A little high, but very tempting. Seems like a fantastic expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander K
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We bought it from Time Well Spent. Totally worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Rodgers
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I emailed Ravensburger US directly and their response was:

Quote:
Thank you for your interest in Ravensburger, at this time there is no plan to bring the expansion pack over to our line.

They then proceeded to recommended a link they found from Time Well Spent.

Kind regards,
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joerodgers wrote:

Quote:
Thank you for your interest in Ravensburger, at this time there is no plan to bring the expansion pack over to our line.

Kind regards,
Joe

argh ...

there is another thread about the game and north-american woes in obtaining it. there are some overall concerns about the quality of the production and how much is really in the box considering the price... all these things make me hesitant to drop $40 on this expansion. at the same time - seems like a really good expansion. gives you a number of modules to mix into the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
teekay 96
United States
Wheaton
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joerodgers wrote:

Quote:

Kind regards,
Joe

That is very disappointing to hear. Las Vegas! is one of the most requested games in my collection by gamers and non-gamers alike. I was really looking forward to this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For us Canadians, or possibly Americans for a few bucks more, both boardgamebliss and greatboardgames have Boulevard in stock for around $30.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trevor03 wrote:
For us Canadians, or possibly Americans for a few bucks more, both boardgamebliss and greatboardgames have Boulevard in stock for around $30.

Great Boardgames doesn't appear to ship outside of Canada. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trevor03 wrote:
shipping from boardgamebliss is pretty high to the US :-/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
telos81 wrote:
Trevor03 wrote:

....shipping to your state is $12.50 US.

That's "pretty high"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
telos81 wrote:
Trevor03 wrote:

....shipping to your state is $12.50 US.

That's "pretty high"?

they are asking $34.95 ... plus the shipping ... even considering the exchange rate ... for an expansion that has rather few components - yes. that's "pretty high" considering it would, in total, cost about 2x as much i paid for the base game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, it isn't that high, considering it is coming from Canada [approximately $9.95 US].

My total bill was just under $40 US. And, given that I want it, and there appears no other way of acquiring it cheaper, I ordered it today.

Error - it turned out to be just over $40 [+$0.13]. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aging One wrote:
Actually, it isn't that high, considering it is coming from Canada [approximately $9.95 US].

My total bill was just under $40 US. And, given that I want it, and there appears no other way of acquiring it cheaper, I ordered it today.

i'm still on the fence ... once you get it - post about it! especially if you love it! might tip me over...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
telos81 wrote:

they are asking $34.95 ... plus the shipping ... even considering the exchange rate ... for an expansion that has rather few components - yes. that's "pretty high" considering it would, in total, cost about 2x as much i paid for the base game

You'd only mentioned the shipping cost as a concern.

Let's be clear that they are asking $32.95 CAD ($27.54 USD) for the game and $14.95 CAD ($12.49 USD) for the shipping.

This is a game imported from Germany that you are importing from Canada. Neither cost seems unreasonable in the slightest with that in mind. There is a luxury cost for a luxury indulgence. And at worst we're talking 2 skipped trips to McDonalds to bring it right in line with run of the mill domestic board game prices.

It certainly is entirely within your opinion what you want to pay for the product and what the product is worth to you, and to be frustrated that Ravensburger/alea has not released it domestically so it can be picked up via regular deep discount online prices.

But I don't think we can criticize Boardgamebliss' pricing or shipping on this product. Incidentally it's right in line with the 35 euro I paid to import it directly from Germany.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
All that being said, I have not the slightest clue why I chose to object to your statement. What a dumb thing for me to do.

Sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
telos81 wrote:

You'd only mentioned the shipping cost as a concern.

Let's be clear that they are asking $32.95 CAD ($27.54 USD) for the game and $14.95 CAD ($12.49 USD) for the shipping.

This is a game imported from Germany that you are importing from Canada. Neither cost seems unreasonable in the slightest with that in mind. There is a luxury cost for a luxury indulgence. And at worst we're talking 2 skipped trips to McDonalds to bring it right in line with run of the mill domestic board game prices.

It certainly is entirely within your opinion what you want to pay for the product and what the product is worth to you, and to be frustrated that Ravensburger/alea has not released it domestically so it can be picked up via regular deep discount online prices.

But I don't think we can criticize Boardgamebliss' pricing or shipping on this product. Incidentally it's right in line with the 35 euro I paid to import it directly from Germany.

yeah. i understand all of these points ... and i agree that (because of the lack of release in the US) this would be a "luxury" purchase. and i am mostly dealing with a personal dilemma of purchasing this expansion right now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
...it is pretty super great. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Prater
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any truth to the rumors this may be sold in the US soon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Davis
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got mine for $35.74 (after conversion from Canadian to US dollars) from Boardgame Bliss in Canada. That included shipping costs. More than what it would have cost for a US release, but I'm tired of waiting...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally ordered from Amazon.de, with a few other games that seem to never be coming to the U.S.

If I split the shipping charges among the 4 games, it came to about $26. Not bad at all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MAURICIO FLORES
Australia
Hectorville
L
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has there been any news about this one coming to the states??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mdeflo wrote:
Has there been any news about this one coming to the states??

not that i've seen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tod Andrew
Australia
Wollongong
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news about if/when this might be released?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.