Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Wargames» Forums » General

Subject: Front Series Columbia, to buy or not to buy... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: wargames [+] [View All]
Gotthard Heinrici (prev. Graf Strachwitz)
Germany
Düsseldorf
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got the message from Columbia that shipping is free anywhere around the world through 26 November!!

An ideal opportunity to consider the 3 Front series!

However, I alread have the old East- and West Front. 300 USD is a lot of money and I am pondering if it worth the investment.

Any advice on this?!

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Romaniecki
United States
Attleboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
East Front II and West Front II are not sufficiently different from the earlier editions to warrant the expense. If you plan on playing the entire Euro Front game, then you should make the purchase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a pretty substantial amount. Unless you plan on all 3 volumes and plan on playing the game often, I don't think the value is there. Sure...the maps are a bit nicer and do fit together better...but....hmmm....that is quite a bit of cash.....but....free shipping saves you a BOATLOAD!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hilary Hartman
United States
GLENNALLEN
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
Just your friendly, neighborhood game player and superhero!
mbmbmbmbmb
Why are these games suddenly $99 each? I realize that they are new editions, but that's a serious jump in price.

Comments?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gotthard Heinrici (prev. Graf Strachwitz)
Germany
Düsseldorf
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I found a solution!

Columbia is offering the four Maps of Europe for 79,95 USD

So I will order the four Maps and EuroFront II for 99,95 USD.

Totals 179,90 USD no shipping costs!

What a nice X-mas present!

Or shall I buy a bundle of three games for 150 USD......zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also own EastFront1, WestFront1, and EuroFront1. The increase in price is because there were a couple of other modules: VolgaFront and MedFront. These have been folded into EastFront2 and WestFront2. It makes for a cleaner marketing package. I have not checke, but I am not sure that the new package of EastFront2, WestFront2, and EuroFront2 is any more expensive than all of the previous version Front games put together.

Columbia offers an update kit to bring version 1 owners up to date with version 2. There are caveats depending on how much of the previous version you owned. In other words, your only option may be to have to buy the version 2 system.

I am going for it. For its class, I think it is a fine WWII game in direct competition with Europe Engulfed + Asia Engulfed from GMT Games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.