GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,844 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Clash of Monarchs» Forums » General

Subject: Reprint? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Doe
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This appears to be sold out at GMT. Does anyone familiar with their reprint tendencies know what the approximate chance it will be added to the P500 list for a reprint is?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Taylor
United States
Unspecified
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not hopeful it will be reprinted any time soon, if at all. Best to look for a copy on the secondary market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bob kalinowski
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Concur. Too heavy for the average CDG gaming bear, too long, too realistic, too fiddly, too subtle, and we all know the map sucks. Other than that, a strong candidate! kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish all my CDGs had those problems! (Except for the map.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Stahl

Maryland
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't worry about it too much, Bob. This is the first game that I've known of where the supply system was really in your face. Being a person who's studied logistics all his life (one reason I love 18th Century warfare, where it WAS the primary consideration of generals, even more than manpower), that kind of appealed to me.

That being said, I'd agree that a more schematic map would've made things easier to teach others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Kahrl
United States
Unionville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Having complained about the map, I'd argue that's really the only thing to quibble with in what is a definite keeper for me. I really don't know if another game would ever come close to capturing the layers of difficulty confronted by commanders in this era that this game does. It remains a superb game, and will forever remain so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John D'Angelo
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Last look at GMT's P500 list there was another 7 years war strategic game being worked on that is based off of Napoleonic Wars, so I'd say that CoM is definitely not getting a reprint. Loved CoM, even all the fiddly aspects of it...it really seemed to portray the conflict well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Stites
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the OP is still looking, the game is relatively easy to find copies of on eBay at decent prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Doe
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up, but I ended up just getting one from miniature market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.