Popular Tags: photos [+] [View All]
Dave Lartigue
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not trying to pimp my images here, but there's something puzzling me about the "Hot Images" thing (and maybe I can get a sweet "bug finder" badge!)

I uploaded some images yesterday. One of them got like 7 thumbs or something and is in the Hot Images list, a couple "pages" in. (I'm talking about the hot images front page module). Another image on the same day got 5 thumbs and is nowhere to be found. Go a little further and I find some images of mine from a few days ago that got some thumbs, and back further you find other images from yesterday that got a thumb each. The 5 thumb image isn't in there. Do I just not understand how hot images work? I assumed it was based on some relationship between thumbs/time.

This is the "missing" image. I've gone through the pages a few times and don't see it, but maybe I'm blind and have overlooked it:

Like I say, not trying to be an image pimp, just kind of curious. I'm already egotistical enough to be looking for my own stuff in Hot Images in the first place!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Mossman
United States
Gaithersburg
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Found it at the top of the second page when you do a sort on "Hot Images - last 7 days"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a similar reaction. I posted a photoshopped image that was on the front 'module-based' hot page with 5 thumbs and today it got a sixth but is now nowhere to be found yet I see it when you browse hot images in the last 48 hours.

This was the image.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.