GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,455 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Voyage of the B.S.M. Pandora» Forums » Rules

Subject: Bots with Endurance? Error? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike
United States
Lyons
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just learning how to play, so I may have missed something but the beginning of the rules say that bots have no endurance but in my first exploration I ran into a paragraph which reduced my bots endurance by 3.

Um?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Lyons
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well after downloading the OCR'd text from archive.org I think I can answer my own question with this:

"An Endurance Point is removed from a tool or bot by
flipping its counter over (to the damaged side) and
placing a slash through one box for that unit type
on the Log. Exception: Damage to a character's
enviorig is shown by flipping his counter over.
Two Endurance Points are removed from a tool or
bot by removing its counter from the expedition
and placing an X in one bos for that unit on the
Log (it is considered destroyed)."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R H
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much, archive.org, for the Ares collection, AH's General and the many, many other magazines.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Alta Loma
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Bots have 2 endurance points, a loss of one damages it, a loss of two destroys it. If this is Event 155, I'm pretty sure what they were going for here was 3 total points were to be removed from among all the bots on the expedition, not 3 points lost each. So for example destroying 1 bot and damaging a 2nd would satisfy the 3 point loss.

My reasoning for this is the difference in wording from the prior paragraph: 'one Endurance Point must be removed from any one bot' to the one in question: 'three Endurance Points must be removed from any bots' (emphasis mine). It could have been written better, that's for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Garycki
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In the PC version of the game I rescaled those 155 paragraph endurance to damage probability so that:
6 endurance in 155 paragraph = 2 endurance in fact (destroy)
3 endurance in 155 paragraph = 1 endurance in fact (damage or destroy damaged)
1 endurance in 155 paragraph = 1/3 chance of endurance lost in fact

But later I introduced the real endurance of bots with stats taken from the Wreck of pandora just for the purpose of the paragraph 155. So Imrebot and Reconbot are damaged faster then Transbot or Specibot. The 155 "endurance" is transferred to the real endurance (damage->destroy) then.

Of course on the PC version the supply control is applied immediately after every action with scaled effect to the fraction of the original treshold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.