GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,698 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Hellenes: Campaigns of the Peloponnesian War» Forums » Rules

Subject: Few questions about the rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marek Przybyszowski
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I;ve recently bought this great game and started playtesting. I think it nicely reflects the character of the peloponesian war. However, some rules are unclear for me. Here are some questions:

1. Can a fleet end its move in open sea? I can't find a rule forbidding it, but I can't image triers staying in open sea for whole season.

2. What's the difference between normal and spreading revolt? In either case you put a garrison in athenian-friendly city. Does spreading revolt allow you to put extra garrison in another city? I don't get it.

3. How exactly does the plague event work? For example if you play plague on Athens do all units in a city lose 1 cv? What are non-cadres? Are there any units that don't suffer loses?

4. Just to make sure on wintering moves: free moves are only to home city of a unit (for example spartan hoplites to Sparta). If it's not possible unit can move 1 area to controlled city or use action point to perform normal move?

Thanks for the answers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mp_stilgar wrote:

1. Can a fleet end its move in open sea? I can't find a rule forbidding it, but I can't image triers staying in open sea for whole season.

Yes - obviously they are beaching every night. The actions of Phormio and the Battle of Naupactus are a model here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phormio

Quote:
2. What's the difference between normal and spreading revolt? In either case you put a garrison in athenian-friendly city. Does spreading revolt allow you to put extra garrison in another city? I don't get it.

Spreading revolt allows placement of a a revolt in a region that has an existing revolt. See the sidebar on page 5 for the Regions.

Quote:
3. How exactly does the plague event work? For example if you play plague on Athens do all units in a city lose 1 cv? What are non-cadres? Are there any units that don't suffer loses?

Cadres have just 1 CV, so non-cadres have 2+ CV. Each unit with more than 1 CV loses a CV. Garrison and Cadre units are immune.

Quote:
4. Just to make sure on wintering moves: free moves are only to home city of a unit (for example spartan hoplites to Sparta). If it's not possible unit can move 1 area to controlled city or use action point to perform normal move?

There are 2 types of free moves;
Homing - which is a (forced) march or (forced) sail to a city that matches their colour (home city).

Quartering - which is a 1 area move to a friendly city. This can ripple in causing an unmoved and overstacked unit to move.(Displacement)

Units can also be ordered and move normally, for example a full (forced) movement to a friendly city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marek Przybyszowski
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, you cleared it up for me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.