Subject: Help identifying a game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: identify [+] [View All]
Gregory Mennenga
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
So I was digging around BGG, and noticed that you guys pride yourselves on being able to help identify games from people’s childhoods, and I figured I’d give it a try.

The game I am looking for was probably from the late 80’s or early 90’s, and was at one point or another sold through Discovery Toys. The game itself was played on a formed 3-d board much like “Fireball Mountain”. Spaces on the board were hemispherical recesses in which marbles (used as playing pieces) were placed. Additionally, there were several “slides” or “ramps” down which you would roll your marble causing it to roll around the board and eventually settle into a random space. There was also a small part of the game board that contained a bowl like area with several numbered spaces at the bottom, and a ramp leading into the bowl, which you would roll a marble down and see what number space it ended it (instead of rolling a die or similar action).The overall goal of the game (if I remember correctly) was to gather parts of a broken spaceship.

Anyone know of this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We had that game & for the life of me I can't remember it. I thought it was X from Outer Space, but it's not. I also seem to remember that it was Discovery Toys, but I can't find it. grrrrr. Now you've got me brain locked too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick B
United States
Sunnyvale
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game comes close to fitting your description:

King of the Hill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Mennenga
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I came across that too. It does seem to be pretty similar; so much so I even dug through the designer’s other games but still could not find it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.