GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,325 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Works in Progress

Subject: Retheme of Ric; the handheld video game card game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Russell
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello gamers and designers, I am currently working on a retheme of a card game submitted here called Ric. I hope as soon as files are up that i could get some feedback on how to make a retheme a bit better.

First, I will say that Ric is a video game armidillo character from an old fictional gaming system called the Intento RiiPlay. The theme is a sonic type western and the characters full name is Ric O' Chet. It has monotone graphics but a nifty level editor.

In the game, players create a level from a level set of cards and play through their opponents level by matching controller button icons on a separate Editor card deck.

These are scored left to right, just as in a game level. Players lose a health if their opponent completes three screens on a single turn or beats their level. The face up cards in an editor also determine which cards can be added to the level. A level has three cards out on the table at a time but has a total of 12 to be completed.

The sequal is titled "Tre Buchet" and is medival theme. However, Tre and Tou Chet are a horse and giant Boar who just want people off their backs. In the game controller button cards head butt and kick the humans rather than bopping prairie dogs as in Ric.

The goal is to have each card have different art rather than the many duplicates in Ric. Also, thematically, one play will be the Boar and the other the horse.

I hope to have a silly tone in the cards and rules, as Ric had lighthearted rules, but text on card were not. As soon as files are up I hope others can enjoy this card series. I realize this could have liscenced rethemes such as Mario, Little Big Planet, and such but i will leave that to others if they wish. Happy designing everyone.
Thanks!
Chad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Russell
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules and cards for the original Ric game can be found here for the moment;
http://ge.tt/3vWaYfF2
Or if you are familiar with the Board Game Designers Forum, Rules can be viewed here as well;
http://www.bgdf.com/sites/default/files/Ric%20Rules!.pdf

Also wanted to note that the new cards will be in landscape style, think of it as a transition from a game boy system to a game gear or PSP
Thank you all for interest in the new and old version and hope to make a fun series!
Chad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Russell
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some ideas for "Tre" are to add a specific power up ability for the two characters. Also some form of end boss battle. Below are some character and card designs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Russell
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ric now has a game page here on BGG for easy browsing. Please feel free to ask any questions or give suggestions to make Tre a good sequal/retheme.
Ric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.