Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Bennett
United States
Newton
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Why did the painter paint the wall for free? Because it was on the house.
mbmbmbmbmb
I uploaded a PDF file of a new scenario for a game on Nov. 16th, then the next day I wrote up a session report of a play-through of that scenario. The day after that the session report was approved, but not the file. I've been getting emails from people asking me where the file is, so I looked today at the list of files submissions and I see that no files have been added since Nov. 17th. I'm guessing there must be quite a back log at this point, so I was wondering what's holding them up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Simple -- Admins are people. Your session report was approved quickly because it just has to get approval of a small jury in GeekMod, but other data has to be approved by Admins (e.g. new game submissions, links, files, corrections). Sterling usually handles file submissions, but as I understand his work pattern, he tackles all of them in a fell swoop -- so just sit back, and be patient, and he'll address them soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Bennett
United States
Newton
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Why did the painter paint the wall for free? Because it was on the house.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I didn't know there was just one Admin responsible for all file submissions. That's a lot of work! Well, I have no problem with patience, I was just wondering, as I said. Thanks for the explanation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
I simply cannot keep up with the file submissions at this point. It comes in faster than I can work on it. I do tend to do approvals in large chunks, but even that is not helping to keep up with the backlog. The backlog right now is weeks or months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fuga
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Also waiting, submitted a file for Antiquity(4 coloured screens)Thought I had a problem with uploading so I submitted it again. Sorry, will be patient, From now on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Once I get back from vacation I'll see if I can't help put a dent in the queue.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Huntington Station
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Bilben04 wrote:
Wow, I didn't know there was just one Admin responsible for all file submissions

Yeah, and if he'd quit wasting time making his own game aids then this backlog wouldn't be so large.

I'm just saying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Liumas wrote:
Bilben04 wrote:
Wow, I didn't know there was just one Admin responsible for all file submissions

Yeah, and if he'd quit wasting time making his own game aids then this backlog wouldn't be so large.

I'm just saying.

LOL. Just so you know, when I was making my own player aids was when I was completely up to date on the file submissions! That is because I refused to jump ahead in line for myself, so I had to keep them up to date or I could not get my own submissions approved!

Now, I am just off because of BGG.CON, Family issues, Thanksgiving, being sick, etc. that I have not been able to work on it in the last few weeks.

Now if I had time to make player aids . . . then I would have to be up to date again!

Sterling

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
I might be stating the obvious here, but wouldn't it be useful / wise to appoint a second admin to handle file submissions? Right now it seems that whenever Sterling sneezes, the entire system catches a cold. I know he's doing a sterling job; it's just that the job may be too big for one man alone to handle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There were two admins doing file approvals, but the other admin has been tied up with school/work. Thus I have been requesting some assistance. It looks like Matthew Monin might be able to help me soon, which is much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am working on some file approvals this evening. We will see how far I can get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With the exception of a few Macintosh (Sorry Getzen) and Palm PC (Sorry Snoozefest) files, we are up to submissions of 2006-11-21 07:40:56 with 3 pages left which is 64 files left at this point. Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Huntington Station
New York
flag msg tools
badge
sbabcock wrote:
Now if I had time to make player aids . . . then I would have to be up to date again!

Don't stop making player aids on my account, just for making fun. Never know when one of your player aids will come in handy for me (us).

Like that St. Petersburg stuff, from a year or 2 ago. Gave you a gold just now for that.

So I've got 4 or 5 items in the queue. I don't care. It's not holding me up any. I get hardly any GeekGold from this stuff, or anything else for that matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
sbabcock wrote:
With the exception of a few Macintosh (Sorry Getzen) and Palm PC (Sorry Snoozefest) files, we are up to submissions of 2006-11-21 07:40:56 with 3 pages left which is 64 files left at this point. Enjoy!

Make that 2 pages left

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Matthew. When I started it was 9 pages. surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
sbabcock wrote:
Thanks, Matthew. When I started it was 9 pages. surprise

Holy crap!

BGG has an incredibly creative and productive community. Just going through the files in the queue had me in awe at the quality of some of the stuff people develop in the off-chance that a fellow-geek finds it useful.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arrgh! We are back up to 10 pages for 226 items. We need more admins on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I've got an 808 and a 303 and a record collection like the ABC
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe files should go through GeekMod, like sessions and reviews?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They must be admin approved. There are a lot more details than images.

File Submissions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Deverell
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On a similar vein, is there still GG awarded for donations and session reports? If so, is there a delay from the point of having something published or confirmed and receving the GG?

Also, weird thing, but recommendations for my session report has actually fallen from 7 to 4 (not that I'm checking!)? Second thoughts or admin bug?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
red_gamster wrote:
Also, weird thing, but recommendations for my session report has actually fallen from 7 to 4 (not that I'm checking!)? Second thoughts or admin bug?

Your session report has still 7 thumbs up. But you're looking at the 'hot' sessions list; there, the number gets decreased with time. Otherwise, the same session reports would stay on top forever.
If you look on the 'recent' sessions list, it's still shown with 7 thumbs up; but as the 90th entry or so, since one member did write up lots of them recently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.