Popular Tags: [View All]
John Paul Sodusta
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to share my satisfaction with Mayfair's customer service.

I purchased a copy of Leonardo DaVinci from Thoughthammer and, as usual, arrives promptly. As I giddily opened the game to check the components, I was sad to see that one of the yellow apprentices was missing. I emailed Mayfair games for a replacement and they promptly sent me one.

Thank you Mayfair games! You just got a loyal customer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norbert Chan
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Wow, so this is what you get for 100 pieces of gold.
mbmbmbmbmb
John,

That's pretty smart of you to notice things like that. Counting meeples would be the last thing on my mind when I open a new game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my cubes was chopped in half, will they send me a new one, I wonder?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Sodusta
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Norbert Chan wrote:
John,

That's pretty smart of you to notice things like that. Counting meeples would be the last thing on my mind when I open a new game

My OCD finally paid off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While Mayfair has always given me replacements for damaged or missing goods (which, pretty much every game from them other than Settlers has had), they have never replied in any fashion to my email requests for these items. I email them and magically the items arrive many few weeks later. From other accounts I have read, this seems to be pretty common in the industry, but I found it disconcerting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

I've never bought a game without doing a full inventory the minute I open it. Over the years I've had several games with pieces missing or damaged, and I've always had good luck getting them replaced.

It's only been a handful of games that were problems, compared to what I buy. but it's worth it to know I have complete games. For some games missing pieces could also affect the game balance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.