Popular Tags: tags [+] [View All]
Timothy Hunt
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen a large number of own:nnnn (where nnnn is some number) tags, and well, I don't understand them. Can someone explain?

Timothy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Gray
United States
Reading
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Timotheous wrote:
I've seen a large number of own:nnnn (where nnnn is some number) tags, and well, I don't understand them. Can someone explain?

They are so you can specify which image to use in the Collection "Gallery" view. The numbers are image ids.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Wai-kit FUNG
Hong Kong
Mongkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it necessary to publish those own:nnnn tags or make them explicitly public? I found it confused, and distracting. What's the idea to make them publicly?

Besides, I would like to know what would happen if I remove those own:nnnn tags?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bravey
United Kingdom
Stafford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See this thread as well:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1101268#1101268

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Johnson
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tonyfung1205 wrote:
Is it necessary to publish those own:nnnn tags or make them explicitly public? I found it confused, and distracting. What's the idea to make them publicly?

At this time, all tags seem to be public.
tonyfung1205 wrote:
Besides, I would like to know what would happen if I remove those own:nnnn tags?

BGG would forget that you chose those particular images for your collection gallery (the pictures that show up if you click on
in your profile) and revert to the Representative Image for each game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.