• [+] Dice rolls
Bruce
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
The Necronomicon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnbYcB9ctu8
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't imagine 2-player being much fun. The diplomacy is the fun bit and there'd be way too much open space on the board. I've played it with four and that went well. I would think five would work well too, but six seems like it would have a bit too much downtime and crowding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cox
Australia
Petersham
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Does diplomacy play a lrage part in the game? I'm asking because I hated 'Diplomacy' the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ollenberger
Canada
Wetaskiwin
Alberta
flag msg tools
I've played this 2 player... while obviously not as fun as having more, it wasn't as bad as many multiplayer games with just 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Pinguet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
coxy_fc wrote:
Does diplomacy play a lrage part in the game? I'm asking because I hated 'Diplomacy' the game!

What specificaly did you hate in Diplomacy?
WK has it dose of "opponent-management", where you can try to bribes others to help you/not attack you, etc... But nothing too serious, you know, they're going to betray you next round anyway laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Shainsky
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
It's different from 3+ players, but still quite interesting.

Since you have only 7 mainland cities, you win by having 4 cities, and hence I never ended it with VP victory with 2 players. From the beginning you begin to fight with the other player, especially if both of you have put on the board all 4 nobles.

Oversea cities are not involved in the game since it isn't wise to waste a noble oversea when the enemy can take over the 4th mainland city.

The assembly loses it's bargaining charm, but if both of players have comparable number of votes, playing assembly becomes very interesting psychological challenge.

In short, you'll enjoy it, but if you can invite another player, you will enjoy it even more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cox
Australia
Petersham
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ifyr wrote:
In short, you'll enjoy it, but if you can invite another player, you will enjoy it even more.

great thanks for that will give it a go
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.