GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,115 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Arcade» Forums » General

Subject: On the fence, Looking for a review or session report! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bless the Maker and His water... Bless the coming and going of Him... May His passage cleanse the world...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I'm on the fence… I read the core game rules.
Components look sweet.
Looks to have a high replay ability, and the scenarios look interesting.

Just trying to find a session report, review, or something to give me a little more info than just the rulebooks…

While I love the look of this, I'm going to admit that the sticker shock is what's holding me back on this.

for info to the tune of my request above…
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered recently. Just waiting for it to come on over to me. I will try to get a session and/ or review as soon as I can :-)
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered a set today also. I couldn't resist the insanely nifty components.

But it was pricy with the interceptor expansion. Paypal price was $132.79 converted from Euros.

The only things I don't like are the cards for the destroyed tiles and energy tiles. Might come up with an alternative option from Litko. The unit hitpoint cards could probably use some more love too but will have to think of ideas for those.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaldo Horta Jr
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You think yours was pricy? I added a terrain set too...OUCH!





ScottE wrote:
I just ordered a set today also. I couldn't resist the insanely nifty components.

But it was pricy with the interceptor expansion. Paypal price was $132.79 converted from Euros.

The only things I don't like are the cards for the destroyed tiles and energy tiles. Might come up with an alternative option from Litko. The unit hitpoint cards could probably use some more love too but will have to think of ideas for those.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Diarmud wrote:
You think yours was pricy? I added a terrain set too...OUCH!

ScottE wrote:
I just ordered a set today also. I couldn't resist the insanely nifty components.

But it was pricy with the interceptor expansion. Paypal price was $132.79 converted from Euros.

The only things I don't like are the cards for the destroyed tiles and energy tiles. Might come up with an alternative option from Litko. The unit hitpoint cards could probably use some more love too but will have to think of ideas for those.

I debated about it but I figured since the expansion comes with more it would probably be enough. Hopefully I'm right!

I'm very curious to see the redesign of the interceptors. Though being a huge Tron fan I know the old design is still going to be my favorite.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atticus Gifford
United States
Glendale
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
Diarmud wrote:
You think yours was pricy? I added a terrain set too...OUCH!

ScottE wrote:
I just ordered a set today also. I couldn't resist the insanely nifty components.

But it was pricy with the interceptor expansion. Paypal price was $132.79 converted from Euros.

The only things I don't like are the cards for the destroyed tiles and energy tiles. Might come up with an alternative option from Litko. The unit hitpoint cards could probably use some more love too but will have to think of ideas for those.

I debated about it but I figured since the expansion comes with more it would probably be enough. Hopefully I'm right!

I'm very curious to see the redesign of the interceptors. Though being a huge Tron fan I know the old design is still going to be my favorite.


Do you think it will arrive in time for Strategicon? Those recognizers and tanks look amazing.. I'd love to see them in person.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Néstor Romeral Andrés
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
atticus wrote:
ScottE wrote:
Diarmud wrote:
You think yours was pricy? I added a terrain set too...OUCH!

ScottE wrote:
I just ordered a set today also. I couldn't resist the insanely nifty components.

But it was pricy with the interceptor expansion. Paypal price was $132.79 converted from Euros.

The only things I don't like are the cards for the destroyed tiles and energy tiles. Might come up with an alternative option from Litko. The unit hitpoint cards could probably use some more love too but will have to think of ideas for those.

I debated about it but I figured since the expansion comes with more it would probably be enough. Hopefully I'm right!

I'm very curious to see the redesign of the interceptors. Though being a huge Tron fan I know the old design is still going to be my favorite.


Do you think it will arrive in time for Strategicon? Those recognizers and tanks look amazing.. I'd love to see them in person.


Shipping to the US is usually quite slow (due to the customs, mostly). But fingers crossed.


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
n_r_a wrote:
atticus wrote:
ScottE wrote:
Diarmud wrote:
You think yours was pricy? I added a terrain set too...OUCH!

ScottE wrote:
I just ordered a set today also. I couldn't resist the insanely nifty components.

But it was pricy with the interceptor expansion. Paypal price was $132.79 converted from Euros.

The only things I don't like are the cards for the destroyed tiles and energy tiles. Might come up with an alternative option from Litko. The unit hitpoint cards could probably use some more love too but will have to think of ideas for those.

I debated about it but I figured since the expansion comes with more it would probably be enough. Hopefully I'm right!

I'm very curious to see the redesign of the interceptors. Though being a huge Tron fan I know the old design is still going to be my favorite.


Do you think it will arrive in time for Strategicon? Those recognizers and tanks look amazing.. I'd love to see them in person.


Shipping to the US is usually quite slow (due to the customs, mostly). But fingers crossed.

I hope so, Atticus.

Néstor, did my copy ship yet? Didn't get an email so wasn't sure.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Néstor Romeral Andrés
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
n_r_a wrote:
atticus wrote:
ScottE wrote:
Diarmud wrote:
You think yours was pricy? I added a terrain set too...OUCH!

ScottE wrote:
I just ordered a set today also. I couldn't resist the insanely nifty components.

But it was pricy with the interceptor expansion. Paypal price was $132.79 converted from Euros.

The only things I don't like are the cards for the destroyed tiles and energy tiles. Might come up with an alternative option from Litko. The unit hitpoint cards could probably use some more love too but will have to think of ideas for those.

I debated about it but I figured since the expansion comes with more it would probably be enough. Hopefully I'm right!

I'm very curious to see the redesign of the interceptors. Though being a huge Tron fan I know the old design is still going to be my favorite.


Do you think it will arrive in time for Strategicon? Those recognizers and tanks look amazing.. I'd love to see them in person.


Shipping to the US is usually quite slow (due to the customs, mostly). But fingers crossed.

I hope so, Atticus.

Néstor, did my copy ship yet? Didn't get an email so wasn't sure.


To be shipped on Friday. It takes a bit to manufacture this one.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
n_r_a wrote:
ScottE wrote:
n_r_a wrote:
atticus wrote:
ScottE wrote:
Diarmud wrote:
You think yours was pricy? I added a terrain set too...OUCH!

ScottE wrote:
I just ordered a set today also. I couldn't resist the insanely nifty components.

But it was pricy with the interceptor expansion. Paypal price was $132.79 converted from Euros.

The only things I don't like are the cards for the destroyed tiles and energy tiles. Might come up with an alternative option from Litko. The unit hitpoint cards could probably use some more love too but will have to think of ideas for those.

I debated about it but I figured since the expansion comes with more it would probably be enough. Hopefully I'm right!

I'm very curious to see the redesign of the interceptors. Though being a huge Tron fan I know the old design is still going to be my favorite.


Do you think it will arrive in time for Strategicon? Those recognizers and tanks look amazing.. I'd love to see them in person.


Shipping to the US is usually quite slow (due to the customs, mostly). But fingers crossed.

I hope so, Atticus.

Néstor, did my copy ship yet? Didn't get an email so wasn't sure.


To be shipped on Friday. It takes a bit to manufacture this one.

Ok, thanks for the update.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Same boat here on the reviews/session reports. I can't justify the cost without some additional info.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Maitland
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if anyone will have a copy at Dice Tower Con? I'd like to try before I buy.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bless the Maker and His water... Bless the coming and going of Him... May His passage cleanse the world...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe one of the earliest adopters will be bringing this to Origins... I'd love to get a look at 'er...

Are you that person?
GM me! laugh
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.