GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,263 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

fieryseraph
United States
Centreville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
"This is the most fun game we've played in a while."

We just got our kickstarter this week; we bought the completionist package so this is our first time playing it. We've been playing it all week.

My two teenage kids (son, 15, daughter, 13) and I play a lot of games together, we're no stranger to games. Everything from Ticket to Ride to Lord of the Rings Card game to Descent to Love Letter. We play a lot of games together, of many different types and kinds.

I'm usually the one who initiates game nights, and I'm usually the one who suggests the game. The kids enjoy themselves, and we love doing it - but this is the first game of any kind that I can remember that she has requested to play, which is awesome.

She also said, "This game is a great balance between simplicity and fun."

I definitely agree with her. The rules to this game are pretty simple, but the way all the rules and dice interact just create this great system, while not being overly complex.

The fact that the games can be played in 30-minute or so blocks is a great advantage, that means we can get a game in even on a night when everyone has homework!

This is a great game, SO much fun. For a dice addict like me, it's even more awesome. The mechanics of the game fit the theme of the game (a complaint I hear a lot of the boards here) SO well. The dice do exactly what you think they should (armor deflects blows, etc.). You can really see the care and time Potluck has spent thinking about each and every die interaction.

We have found ourselves wondering about rules tweaks here or there, like near the end of the game when everyone is strong and mighty warriors, but we keep pulling bats and slimes from the monster bag and wish there was maybe a tiered monster system (not that that's necessarily a good suggestion), but overall the rules are solid, thematic, simple, and fun.

If you're a dice fan, a fantasy fan, a fan of short games, a fan of semi co-op games, a fan of negotiating, or a fan of monster slaying, you should check this game out.

I wish this game were getting more buzz - I don't seem to hear about it much (despite enormous kickstarter successes), but it's great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.