Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We just found out today that we will indeed be getting the Earth Elemental figures when BattleLore is released. Both promo figures the Hill Giant AND the Earth Elemental figures will be included in your pre-ordered copy of BattleLore.

In this thread (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/131929) and on www.DaysofWonder.com they have posted that the pre-orders have been already sold out in England.

If you are interested in the promo figures for BattleLore, there is only a little more then a week or so left to guarantee they will be available for the pre-order!

Estimated arrival to the Canadian distributors is the week of Dec 4th and we will receive the games two days later.

If you have any questions please drop us an email.

Paul Paterson
Fun Games Cafe
www.FunGamesCafe.com
info at fungamescafe.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
From my understanding that is the way it is in Europe as well. Buyers in Europe will get their Earth Elemental along with the game upon purchase. I wonder if we in the US will now get them along with the game as well? I wouldn't imagine DOW would make US customers be the only ones who will have to order them from the DOW website after purchase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Tay
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand that part of the reason is that the game costs more in europe(70euros as opposed to 70dollars).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I think DoW is also trying to entice users to register for online content (I guess on the theory that users hooked on the scenario editor are users apt to want to make follow-up purchases...). That probably wouldn't work very well as a tactic in locations where the shipping would be more than a small amount (though Eric has stated that Canadians would be able to get an EE through the site - they'd just likely have to be willing to bear an increased shippoing cost.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lamont Dyck
Canada
Moose Jaw
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
Write letters
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the best news I have heard in a long time (ok not really, well, maybe) I can not believe I will recieve both promo figures!!!!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding was that since there were few game conventions in Europe (and the big convention Essen being now over until late next year) that they thought it was easier for gamers there to simply get the Earth Elemental with the game. Sounds reasonable. However now that Canadian customers will also be getting the Earth Elemental when they pick up their copies (as will Japan I have also read elsewhere) it leaves just the American customers being the ones having to go through the hassle of ordering it through the website and then waiting for it to show up.

Ok, it's not a huge hassle to order off the website and the shipping won't be that expensive. However it seems a bit odd that DoW has put itself into a position of making it so that all of their customers except just this one segment are going to get the piece with their initial purchase. It would seem at this point it would be easier to simply ship it with the game to everyone.

If anything this shows how successful the ramp up to this game and the promotional figures have been that they're being talked about this much. I use to work in marketing and DoW has really done a great job in it's promotion for Battlelore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only a few more days remaining for pre-orders, as BattleLore has started shipping from Days of Wonder. We are expecting to receive BattleLore sometime next week.

Thank you,
Paul Paterson
www.FunGamesCafe.com
info at fungamescafe.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Has Battlelore started shipping out for Canadians?

Cause it'd be really cool if I could get my hands on it by this weekend...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vinny Tee
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Shryke wrote:
Has Battlelore started shipping out for Canadians?

Cause it'd be really cool if I could get my hands on it by this weekend...

My FLGS told me that they will be picking it up on Friday from their distributor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asif Kazmi
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, my FLGS says they will have it on Friday here in Eastern Ontario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Today is the last day for pre-orders for BattleLore, since we are expecting to receive BattleLore later today.

For everyone that has pre-orders from www.FunGamesCafe.com we will start shipping your BattleLore pre-orders as soon as possible. Please be patient as we get your orders ready.

Thank you,
Paul Paterson
Fun Games Cafe
www.FunGamesCafe.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.