Forge War» Forums » Sessions

Subject: solo report from a worker´s perspective rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Schröder

msg tools
Forge War from a Worker´s perspective:

- a solo session report -

Hi, my name is Karl, you can call me Charlie though as all my friends do.
This is what I look like today, shiny weapon and all, my hair bleached by the golden sun of Tuscany - but it has not always been like that -
I grew up in hell:

Coming from a family of mine workers it had been natural for me to follow into my parents´ footsteps.
But working for a guy like this was not what I had hoped for:

So I decided to leave my old life behind and did the only thing possible for a man with my heritage (apart from pillaging and marauding) in this godforsaken country of ours:
I moved to the city and signed on with one of these adventurers guilds that had become notorious over the past few years.

My first job as a fledgling adventurer seemed easy enough:

Grab a stick and clean those bats out of the old city tower.
Unfortunately though it turned out that I had overestimated myself and had to call for help – you can imagine how embarrassed I was when we returned home to the city covered in bat shit.

I decided to practice hard – which quickly payed off:
I soon was able to handle the most advanced and exotic weapons and learned to go questing on my own:

Without fear I ventured into the Jungle looking for the Temple of the Serpent God, hacking away at plants and snakes alike.
Returning victorious, this time I only needed help with carrying the loot.

And then one day it happened:

My colleague and I were just wrapping up the last few loose ends of our most recent quest when a messenger from the guild´s headquarter approached us:
Apparently our guild´s leader had made several poor decisions which had led to him not being able to fulfil the quests he had vowed to take on – some kind of Sentient Crystals allegedly had proved to be too strong for the guild´s equipment – in short, the guild had gone bankrupt and we were fired.

That did it!
My co adventurers and I decided to take matters into our own hands and decided to found our own adventurers´ cooperative to be independent of incompetent management once and for all!

And not only that: Knowing that a small group of adventurers wouldn´t be able to change the world, we set out to spread the word:
First stop Italy – as we had heard rumours that our comrades in the local vineyards over there had been unhappy recently..

...lets see what the future brings for our cause.
Wish me luck!

(this session report originated as a post for the Solitaire Games On Your Table Geek List - the friendliest place on the internet..)

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.