1 Posts

Ranger» Forums » Rules

Subject: Confused about ammo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lutz Pietschker
flag msg tools
Hello rangers,

I try to come to grips with my 2014 ed. of Ranger and have problems to figure out how ammo is handled; I did not find the answers in the rule book, but I did not check the paragraphs booklet. I think I am clear about this:
1. Each soldier carries a pre-defined main weapon that comes with ready ammo (which would be a box in case of the M240B). This ready ammo is good for 9 fire actions regardless of weapon type.

2. Ammo is not interchangeable between primary weapons.

3. Each soldier may carry (unready/stowed) a second set of ammo for his primary weapon plus one MG mmo box.

4. The M203 just has 9 "fire actions" like any other primary weapon, you do not distinguish between firing the rifle or the grenade thrower. This seems to be abstracted into the weapon tables.

Am I doing OK so far? Here is what I do not quite see yet:
a. What does the ammo clip (1st ammo icon) represent in case of Kruger & Johnson, the MG gunners? Do they carry spare clips for their buddies, or may I consider this an extra box of MG ammo (meaning they could have 2 unready MG boxes each)?

b. What exactly does "readying" a Claymore mine mean? Is it just another way to say that you can only use it while being stationary (this is my guess), or are "readying" and "placing" distinct actions?

c. Can I carry a readied Javelin/launcher around, or must I ready it at the point where I want to fire it?

Thanks for any help,
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.