GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,434 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Valor & Victory» Forums » General

Subject: Die-Cut Counters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry Doyle
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello John,

I'll actually be offering die-cut counters in the near future. They won't be quite as thick as "real" wargame counters, but they're close, and they're as professional as you can get from a DTP game.

Here's a sample sheet of half-inch die-cut counters I produce at home, as well as a sheet of my small cards:

There's also an image of V&V counters in my gallery -- the last pic, though I'll delete that one when the H-Hour expansion replaces the old Sword Beach stuff I was previously working on.

If I decide not to produce and sell counters, I'll see if Andrew is still interested.

-B
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
smith16309 wrote:
Thank you for the update Barry, it is much appreciated!

Please update us when you have more developments either way. I would be happy to buy from you (or another source if you don't decide to make counters).

+1 thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Lloyd
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want some counters made, look over at Print and Play Games. With a little practice you can make counters as good as those. I put my counter prints on double layered manila, it's cheap but a nice weight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.T. Selvaggio
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barry, will you make a boxed game with maps, scenarios and counters?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nht
United States
Detroit
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd also be interested in a "boxed edition." But failing that, I'll at least buy die-cut counters from Barry or a Barry-authorized source
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, I too would be interested in a boxed edition directly from Barry.

Any chance of that Barry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Doyle
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1932f20 wrote:
Any chance of that Barry

Yep, that's the plan, if I can manage it. All future releases will be boxed sets, including the annual/magazine, but I'll sell individual components as well.

If demand is higher than I can manage, though, I may have to find a different solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AnglePark wrote:

Yep, that's the plan, if I can manage it. All future releases will be boxed sets, including the annual/magazine, but I'll sell individual components as well.

If demand is higher than I can manage, though, I may have to find a different solution.

And what about again engaging Print&Play to offset for your own work? I do not know what your arrangement was before, but for the new version I would say a new arrangement can always be created?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.T. Selvaggio
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AnglePark wrote:
1932f20 wrote:
Any chance of that Barry

I am looking forward to giving you my money! Seriously, I am glad you will be financially rewarded for your creative work and am equally glad that there will be an organized/professional like release of the product.

Looking forward to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.