Popular Tags: [View All]
Wilderness War Warrior
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In the english and german rules:

When you collect Taxes in a province with already ONE revolt markers there (for example), the farmers revolt with ONE farmer army. If you successfully put the revolt down, 1 revolt marker is THEN placed in the province, bringing the total of them to TWO.

But in the french rules, the example of play and rules have been changed:

When you collect Taxes in a province with already ONE revolt markers there (for example), the farmers revolt with TWO farmer armies because you add the additional revolt marker just before the combat. If you successfully put the revolt down, 1 revolt marker is THEN placed in the province, bringing the total of them to THREE.

I have played only once, the french rules do work, but they don't seems to be the intend.

Official rule please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koen
Belgium
Rotselaar
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Invité wrote:
In the english and german rules:

When you collect Taxes in a province with already ONE revolt markers there (for example), the farmers revolt with ONE farmer army. If you successfully put the revolt down, 1 revolt marker is THEN placed in the province, bringing the total of them to TWO.

this is also what it says in the Dutch rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Dietrich
Germany
Troisdorf
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Official statement:
The rules mentioned in the german and english editions (and in the dutch as Keon stated above) are correct.
Hope that helps and all the best from germany
Bernd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Larson
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I play last friday and after reading the rules again, this is one question that came up to be answered today.

But...

The OFFICAL English rule state (from the pdf file on queens website):

When a player collects taxes or rice from
a province, it is possible that a revolt will
occur.

If no revolt occurs, or if a revolt is successfully put
down
, 1 revolt marker is placed in the province.

From my rules, I don't see the THEN word. But, even without the word then, I read it just like NOBI wrote it.

So...

Spring: Tax(rice/chest) with no revolt marker = no revolt, add 1 revolt marker

Summer: Tax (again) with 1 revolt marker = Revolt with 1 green Farmer. Win, add 1 revolt marker

Fall: Tax (again) with 2 revolt markers = Revolt with 2 green Farmers Win, Add 1 revolt marker for a total of 3 markers for winter revolts.

Later,
Adrian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Dietrich
Germany
Troisdorf
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dator220 wrote:

So...

Spring: Tax(rice/chest) with no revolt marker = no revolt, add 1 revolt marker

Summer: Tax (again) with 1 revolt marker = Revolt with 1 green Farmer. Win, add 1 revolt marker

Fall: Tax (again) with 2 revolt markers = Revolt with 2 green Farmers Win, Add 1 revolt marker for a total of 3 markers for winter revolts.

Later,
Adrian

Your listing resp. your example is correct.
All the best from germany
Bernd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.