Subject: Tip Over: nifty solitaire board game I found at Target rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
Since my kids have the whole week off for Thanksgiving, and then weeks off for Christmas break, I found a pretty cool solitaire boardgame that they can play when friends aren't around (and when they are getting on each others nerves).

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-1/qid=1164203732/r...

Tip Over would fall in the puzzle category. It consists of different sized plastic crates, a grid board, and a plastic man (the tipper). You can arrange the crates in 40 different configurations (there's a card for each starting arrangement). You have tip the crates in such a way that the tipper can get to the red crate without touching the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Okasaki
United States
White Plains
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tip Over is indeed a nice puzzle. If you haven't tried it yet, you might also like Road Rage Rush Hour, which is probably the best and most popular of this kind of puzzle.

My personal favorite of the "series of graduated puzzles" genre is Tantrix Discovery, which is played with the Tantrix pieces but is also sometimes sold as a stand-alone package of ten pieces. However, these are slightly different from Tip Over and Rush Hour because you are trying to find a good layout of the tiles rather than a sequence of moves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been curious about this game as a good filler type game to have on the shelf when the kids are bored. They like other solitaire puzzle games like Rush Hour so maybe I'll give it a shot. Thanks for tipping me over the edge. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Bell
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A quick froogle search shows that Thoughthammer has it for $11.20. There is also a spider-man version. Thoughthammer doesn't stock it, but you can get it on eBay.

I put it on my Thoughthammer wishlist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McLeod
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw the Spider-Man version at Mrs. Tiggy Winkles in Ottawa, ON, Canada. I would assume all their stores across Canada would have it. It looks like it could be some fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
You can play it online @ http://www.puzzlebeast.com/crate/index.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave wrote:

Sweet. Thanks! Fun little puzzle game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teacher Fletcher
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My "holy grail of gaming" is a puzzle game that would approximate the depth and complexity of the "Adventures of Lolo" series of NES games.

Anybody have recommendations for that?

Lee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teacher Fletcher
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How ridiculous that these games "fall outside the scope of BGG"! What is wrong with including "solitaire puzzles"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.