Popular Tags: [View All]
james napoli
United States
Westwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played Shogun once and it was with all new players where the rules were explained by a third party who didnt actually play the game with us. So i've been reviewing the rules(still dont actually have the game) and was wondering about the winter season.

Do you actually play out the winter season as you would each of the other rounds? Or do you simply calculate rice, revolts and points?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Chavez
Mexico
Monterrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just rice, revolts and points. Bummer, huh? zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james napoli
United States
Westwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ah ok, great...we had played wrong...and that actually makes a lot more sense...and probably would reduce the length of the game quite considerably.

thanks for the response

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also makes it harder to get your full rice requirements, especially in a game with harsh winters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james napoli
United States
Westwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HamsterOfFury wrote:
Also makes it harder to get your full rice requirements, especially in a game with harsh winters.

yep, would have really altered the outcome of the game we played, the lead player would have been in heavy revolt, not to mention we were also playing with the benefits of the final season card as well....

ps: funny podcast, i rather enjoy it, even as a yank

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Ruetten
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just reading through the rules forums after getting this last night.
This discussion is wrong, correct? You do actually play out the winter, but then do all the scoring afterwards. This is the way I understood it, and the way it was explained in another forum post.
I just wanted to bring this up as no one has refuted it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Ruetten
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Oop, never mind, I see it now. The rules said there were 8 rounds caused the confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This shows what happens in each season:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Emch
United States
Maumee
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure what I'm reading here, but the winter round is totally different than the other rounds. We play that you don't do the 10 actions.

Everyone agree?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.