Agnes Sliczniak
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Hi we just played Killer Bunnies for the first time last night and we have two very simple questions:

When a player uses a FEED THE BUNNY card does the card stay with the bunny round after round or is it placed into the discard pile at the end of the affected player's turn?

Some WEAPON cards affect more than the target bunny, for example all adjacent bunnies. If your own bunny is adjacent the weapon can harm your own bunny?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Martin
United States
Fernandina Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A Feed the Bunny card lasts only one round: either the bunny is fed and lives or it is not fed and dies (in a later booster, the feeding can be postponed for one round, but that is a rare exception). In either case, the Feed the Bunny card is discarded.

A weapon that affects additional adjacent bunnies can, if fact, hurt the launcher's own bunnies. This effect can by eliminated with the use of Barriers, which are not penetrated by the effects of such weapons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agnes Sliczniak
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Thank you very much for the quick and helpful reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Throknor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Specifically, Feed The Bunny (FtB) must be resolved at the end of the receiving player's turn. In a four player game (A, B, C, D), if B plays the card on one of A's bunnies it will sit there through C, D and A's turn. In fact, C & D (and even A, if he really wants) can still target the bunny with a weapon and kill it before it needs fed. The FtB card is discarded if the bunny dies.

One strategy for A if he cannot feed the bunny is to play a card that 'risks' his bunny. For example, The Mad, Mad Donnelaith Bakery. You could win enough to feed it, or if it dies it would have died anyway. Of course this particular card risks adjacent bunnies, but if one of your bunnies is about to die it may as well have a chance of winning you something.

Note that for gambling losses of 'Feed a Bunny' (for example, The Mad, Mad Donnelaith Bakery), those must be handled immediately - without a chance of buying anything. If you decide to risk a bunny to that card you should be prepared to feed 1W/1C if you need to as you won't be allowed to shop.

Quick story related to your second question: My wife once tried to kill my lone bunny with a large weapon. The other player had no bunnies as well so it wrapped from both directions. My one bunny lived but over half of hers died. We thought is was funny, but she wasn't very happy with that outcome.

(EDIT: Clarified end of first paragraph from sloppy wording.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Grundy
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whenever I see a Killer Bunnies question, I feel the urge to point out that the rules in the box are terrible (unless they've changed them now) but the rules available on the website are well organised.

www.killerbunnies.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Lakeland
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jgrundy wrote:
Whenever I see a Killer Bunnies question, I feel the urge to point out that the rules in the box are terrible (unless they've changed them now) but the rules available on the website are well organised.

www.killerbunnies.com

Thanks for that link... I thought the rules were confusing too and the online rules are definitely much better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan F.
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules on that website are identical to the ones that came with my game (right down to the jokes), so maybe they've changed the in-box rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Lakeland
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hmm...don't know. I got my game maybe a year ago. The online rules are different from what came with mine. Especially the graphics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.